New bass traps, need treatment advice.

melovine

Feb 10, 2009
Just got in 4 bass traps from GIK and installed them today. I put one in three corners of the room and then one to the immediate left of me for first reflections (there is a window on the first reflection point to the right, i am thinking about hanging a trap or something from the ceiling there if it would help) I'm going to invest in more treatment soon but i was wondering what i should aim for

My room is 8ft tall and 15x13 with a tile floor, i also have a bed in the room not sure if that helps or hurts my situation.

7ae0ffd9.jpg

cd6cccbf.jpg

One above you would be a good idea. Sofas and beds are generally pretty good for sound absorption, probably won't be as good as a dedicated panel but considerably better than an empty wall.

The bed doesn't hurt you, thats for sure. I would aim for one above your head to tame reflections from the floor. I would definitely hang one on front of the window, or at least make a stand for it so it can be moved. But you definitely want one there otherwise I think you'll find that your stereo image will be a bit skewed.

What is going on on the wall behind the desk? You may want to think about trapping there as well.

Also, your corner traps may be more effective if you straddle the corner from floor to ceiling, not just at head height. Putting 2 traps (one on top of the other) should work for a 2'x4' trap.