Studio Resume

cloy26

d00d
Jul 17, 2009
Port St. Lucie, FL
www.myspace.com
I'm trying to get an internship and I am putting together a resume right now. Are there any tips from you experienced guys on here? What should I say? I'm learning pro tools right now and have mac experience. I can solder, etc. I gave a great attitude and love music and recording. :) haha. No, but really, any tips? :headbang:

I vote to work for yourself. It's hard to build up a rep at first but once it gets rolling you're good to go.

[UEAK]Clowd;9015664 said:
I vote to work for yourself. It's hard to build up a rep at first but once it gets rolling you're good to go.

I've been doing this, I've worked with probably 10 local bands in the past year, but I want to get me feet wet in a professional atmosphere because I know there are things that I need to learn. :)

Create an organized/outlined laundry list of skills that will make you look valuable and impressive, for example:

Skills:
-Comprehensive memorization of ALL Pro Tools Hotkeys/Menus
-Very fast with Beat Detective and manual editing
-Gourmet-quality panini sandwich-making skills
-People oriented, good social skills and negotiating: received BJ's from every girl I've ever dated

Software:
-Pro Tools HD 8.0 Certified Trainer
-Logic Pro Certified Trainer
-Reason 3.0 (5 years experience transcribing arrangements for London Philharmonik)

Would you hire this guy?^^^ Silly example, but you get the point. Make it so the shit you do sounds good on paper.

Most importantly: you can have a stunning skill set and still not make the cut if the interviewer doesn't feel that you are likeable or fun to hang around. Good luck!:kickass: