Studiospares homebrand stuff?

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
Any of you guys ever use any of the studiospares (http://www.studiospares.com) homebrand stuff?

Looks like they've got some pretty handy gear for sweet prices with decent reviews but I dunno if its any good, I'd like to hear first hand from some of you guys if ye've dealt with them.
Specifically I'm looking at their SN10 speakers, they're NS 10 clones with some alterations, only 100 euro a piece. Seems like a great price for a set of second monitors if they're as good as they claim to be. Here's the link http://www.studiospares.com/Studio-Monitors/Studiospares-SN10-Nearfield-Monitors-Pair/invt/248000

I've a guy I work with with live gigs who said their DI's are really good for the money, wants to get them for the venue to replace the behringer active ones we're using currently.
To be honest I just wanna find out if they're home stuff is decent or not. I'll probably pick up those speakers in the new year to give em a test run.

got some of the sn10s in case the Proper Ns10s go, they capture the vibe of the white coned terrors pretty well.
Their Mic Stands are GREAT value for money, the best mic stands at a reasonable price.

Thinking I may pick up a set and the alesis power amp to have a set of monitors in my tracking room so that I don't have to use phones or move my main system down. It's be nice to have a second system for A/B ing mixies on too

Mic stands are awesome for the money. They don't last forever like say a K&M stand will but they're only a tenner.

The XLR cables are very good too.

Dunno about the SN10's, though i think I'm going to pick up one of the woofers at some point to use as a subkick.

The Sd101 kick drum mic is ok for the price. I'm pretty certain i have one lying around somewhere, i remember being impressed with it once, highly coloured but hey you're gonna eq and compress it to shit later anyway. I'm interested in the vocal condenser they make for live use

+1 to the mic stands being good
most of the standard studio gear such as stands, leads, connectors, patch bays etc are all perfectly good enough from studiospares

Yup price per pair- only spotted that earlier myself! Just got a present of 100 euro and am getting paid extra for doing a gig for new years so am totally gonna order a set of these sometime next week!

Yeah, it's very tempting!

Gotta calculate a power amp in though (if you don't already have one).

Yup already mentioned the alesis in one of my posts above. Still speakers + amp combined with shipping its around the 250 mark for something that seems it'll be decent. Not expecting miracles but seems like it'll punch above it's price tag

I've got a pair of the SN10's, they're pretty average but that's expected for the price, there's no low end to speak of though.

They're good as a second pair but wouldn't recommend them past that.

Jarkko, do note this:

Delivery Information - Web Deliveries.

Europe Zone 2

Bulgaria, Estonia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
0 – 5kg £22.00 + VAT
5.001 – 10kg £44.00 + VAT
10.001 – 15kg £66.00 + VAT
15.001 – 20kg £88.00 + VAT
20.001 – 25kg £110.00 + VAT
25.001 – 30kg £132.00 + VAT
30.001 – 50kg £180.00 + VAT
50.001 – 100kg £325.00 + VAT
100kg – 250kg £600.00 + VAT

PLEASE NOTE delivery pricing does not apply to certain large or heavier products such as Acoustic Tiles, Acoustic Screens, Rockwool, Computer Desks, Workstations & Esmono Rooms. Please contact us for a qutoe for delivery of these items.

If you count the weight of the real NS10's weight 6.3kg + packaging per speaker, that easily makes 15kg, which adds 88£ (=100€) delivery costs, so it ain't that cheap anymore.