Stuff for you all to check out...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
VANISHING POINT

If you haven't already heard these guys, download the song 'Never walk away'... and then buy their album 'Tangled in dream'. Totally killer album. And the best thing is, they are australian, and they KILL any overseas melodic metal bands... And this dudes voice is amazing...

BELA BARTOK

Bela Bartok. 20th century composer that i studied in a 20th century composition unit i did a few years ago, and i was totally blown away. If only this guy was into metal!!! The peice i am referring to is from 'Mikrokosmos', and is called "Six dances in bulgarian rhythm'. I can't remember which movement i studied, and i haven't heard the rest... so just wait a few days, and i'm sure i'll remember. This is totally CRAZY music. Imagine 'Martyr' on piano :lol:

DREADNAUGHT

the song 'flowers'. Download it... NOW. For some reason, old 'OPETH' comes to mind, but really, that is not doing Dreadnaught justice... this song, and this album (i forget the name) totally blow away anything opeth have ever released. They are now an australian 'rock' band, so steer clear of anything by them unless TRAPPED okays it... okay? :) This song got me into the darker side of metal, and into opeth, so i reccomend that you download it. The album version is great, but the DEMO version is even better. I picked up their demo (on tape!!!) for $2 at rockinhorse records in brisbane. it was a STEAL basically. I would have paid $20 JUST for this one song.

Ledmag: Have you heard much 'CARCASS'?? Silly name, but their Heartwork album is great, the music is right down your alley i think, really heavy thrashy/death, but with a cool groove, and a few bits of technicality and progression here and there.... ha ha. I love it. But the dudes voice is.... irritating at times. He's one of those GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kindof singers. :rolleyes:

Carcass kicks some serious ass... Heartwork is definately my fav of theirs. Ledmag would like it. Gamma Ray is alright, but I get easily bored of power metal, unless it is technical

but my ex-mistress, love em...especially the film clips...

Carcass are awesome!
They're usually associated with grindcore, but thats just theei older stuff like the album Necroticism, Discanting the Insulubrious. As for Heartwork, that is Carcass's best album IMO, and i also think that it's one of the best metal albums ever written. The title track on Heartwork which i'm listening to now is so damn awesome. fuck, i haven't listened to this CD enough. good thing you mentioned them Traped! i have a feeling this CD will kick my ass for a weeks to come.
I find it hilarious that the guitarist in Carcass that isn't Mike Amott of Arch Enemy, Bill Steer is his name, is in Free Bird(its Free Bird right?) Sure is alot different than Carcass!