Stupid comments you've heard about metal??

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
Have you heard people say anything so retarded about metal that you wanted to laugh in their face?

Here's the ones that I've heard recently which I found hilarious...

"St Anger is pure thrash" :lol:

"KoRn are the most successful metal band of all time" :lol:

Slipknot are better than Cradle of Filth because they've had albums higher in the charts" (from the same person as the one above!) :lol:

Please share yours here!

:D

So I got a chance to play Symphony X in Spanish class yesterday...

I played "Candelight Fantasia", in hope of appealing to some of the people in class and creating some new fans...

So I put the song on, and it starts out slow. One of the girls said after a minute or so, "Okay, any second now the guitars are gonna go crazy and the singer is gonna scream *in a growling voice* DIEEEEE!!!!"...

I was like " o_O , Nope, not in this song..."

Manga-San said:

I played "Candelight Fantasia", in hope of appealing to some of the people in class and creating some new fans...

So I put the song on, and it starts out slow. One of the girls said after a minute or so, "Okay, any second now the guitars are gonna go crazy and the singer is gonna scream *in a growling voice* DIEEEEE!!!!"...

hehe, that's cute though. =) I'd like to bang her.

SculptedCold said:
Manga San said:

hehe, that's cute though. =) I'd like to bang her.
What Scultped said.

"Iron Maiden isn't a big act anymore" (from my Musicteacher)
"All people that make Black Metal are satanists" (from my RE-Teacher)

People who don't know what they are talking about should be shot on the moon

Someone in my art class at secondary school. I'd been playing Opeth through the time that I was allowed to pick the tunes, then it moved on to someone else's time, and they played Limp Bizkit. One of the girls in class turned round and went to me;

"I don't mind this kind of rock music - this has got some structure to it."

Riiiigght. Elegant proof that simple things please simple minds...

someone laughed when i mentioned slayer, and said they're copyers of the show buffy..

and

I was playing opeth in my band class (blackwater park) and this dude goes "these guys have no talent man, now slipknot...THOSE GUYS HAVE TALENT!" ...then i kicked him and ran
:err: :bah:

Ageless said:

_______________________________________________​
What Scultped said.
What Ageless said.

btw, "Rob Zombie? Arrrgh!!! Metalheads are so retarded! Tell me, how far can something go to be actually still called music?"

To which I replied: "Anyone can listen to RZ. Saying something like that proves you've never heard his stuff before."

He said: "I definitely don't need to, or want to."

You guys may think this stops when one gets older, but it doesnt. I cant remember how many people my age 21-26 say stupid things about metal, especially since they have little musical talent themselves.

Then again, one hears many interesting and positive comments about metal. A good friend of mine, who sings in a respected rock / rockabilly band, totally geared towards songwriting, and sort of a old johnny cash feel, said last week that hhe actually loves metal, especially iron maiden, because of its complexity, and its melodicism, and went futher to state nu metal is horrible. This was the last thing I expected out of him, as we usuallu talk about rock and old rock.

The bass player in my band listens to classic rock and late 80's funk rock, yet our band is a mix of melodic death/thrash and 70's/90's funk and funk rock.

Think 311 meets Parliament/Funkadelic meets In Flames meets Shadows Fall meets Killswitch Engage meets RHCP and Incubus. Now take out the rap, group voclas, horns, growling, and samples, and you got our sound.

I'm surprised he puts up with it.

"Playing metal takes no talent." This coming from someone who listens to 50 Cent. Lol.

I've always hear people refer to non-metal bands such as Limp Bizkit and Korn as metal. That isn't even funny for me anymore.

hrmmm...
two come to mind..

someone saying that "MEtallica are the GODFATHERS of metal...period"
I had to explain that you know..BLACK SABBATH are the godfathers of Metal..period. *shakes head*

My other favorite-
"Korn and Slipknot took Metal to new, higher levels that had never been reached"

I don't think that one needs a comment!