Stupid (easy to answer) reamping question

Daunt said:
I just ordered my Little Labs Redeye from Golden Age Music. It's a reamp/DI combo and it's "Andy approved" :)

http://www.goldenagemusic.se

That seems like a cool little box. However, if I want to use to record DI, is there an output to feed an amp or POD or whatever at the same time, or will I need to buy something more for that ?

BitchSlap said:
That seems like a cool little box. However, if I want to use to record DI, is there an output to feed an amp or POD or whatever at the same time, or will I need to buy something more for that ?

Good question! I got this answer from Little Labs:

"There is a jack on the back labelled instrument in or thru that you use."

Daunt said:
Good question! I got this answer from Little Labs:

"There is a jack on the back labelled instrument in or thru that you use."

That's the part I actually don't understand. If you look at this page http://www.littlelabs.com/redeye.html , I'm under the impression that "instrument in" is where you plug your guitar. So I'm still unsure if you can use it to split the guitar or bass to one DI track and to send to a pod or amp or whatever. Anybody has this box and could help here ? Cause that really seems like a great box which can DI and reamp all in one.

I think you can split. Here's what I think happens

Code:
Guitar
   |
   |
   v
Instrument in
 |          |
 |          |
 v          v
thru*     Recorder--->squillions of fans around the world.
 |          ^
 |          |
 v          |
Amp>---Mic

Appearantly in the photo the THRU is ALSO labeled Instrument in! SCARY, but I think this is now fixed according to e-mails from littlelabs

redeye.jpg

Notice Instrument in...

redeyesmrr.jpg

AGAIN, Notice Instrument in. Confusing but this is what I assume is what's going on. Regardless I'm pretty sure that you can use it as a splitter.

Ressurected!

I just got the Redeye and I can see how it works fine and all is good except it seems that to get the clean track that I want to reamp to my amplifier, I need to get it into the XLR Line level in jack on the back of the box, but I only have 1/4 inch line level outputs on my Digi002R. How do I make them compatible? :zombie: :lol:

Sinister Mephisto said:
I just got the Redeye and I can see how it works fine and all is good except it seems that to get the clean track that I want to reamp to my amplifier, I need to get it into the XLR Line level in jack on the back of the box, but I only have 1/4 inch line level outputs on my Digi002R. How do I make them compatible? :zombie: :lol:

There are two ways to do it. Buy/solder a microphone cable with TRS plug and XLR (male) connectors OR use a cable with TRS plugs on both ends (easier to find). Just plug it in the "expansion in" and select "exp in" from the front.

Daunt said:
There are two ways to do it. Buy/solder a microphone cable with TRS plug and XLR (male) connectors OR use a cable with TRS plugs on both ends (easier to find). Just plug it in the "expansion in" and select "exp in" from the front.

Thank you! By the way I was just listening to Dauntless yesterday. Cool stuff! :kickass:

ok im fixing to get one of these things now too...on the x-amp the input coming out of the recorder is XLR..im using a 002 rack so how would i make this work cus the outputs on the 002 are 1/4" trs???????