Stupid People

First of all many props to mr. Dio :)

And I somewhat agree with you on the different brand name for Load idea, towsend and dragon lord are excellent examples, but you already know I'm giong to tell you I'm fine with the Metallica name appearing on Load :D

And the selling out thing? Do you honestly believe their managament would encourage them to put out a record like St. Anger? Hellll no. Ever since black album they can do whatever they want. They have made some strange choices (limp bizkit and linkin park on summer sanitarium 200x), but whatever...

Oh and 50.000 people IS for a metallica stadium gig. maybe 25.000 minimum. Maybe I just always go to huge stadiums... biggest show I ever saw them play was Rock am Ring 2006, there were 120.000 people there... crazy...

But you have to admit the tallica crowd is probably a LOT crazier than the DIO crowd, and they would pretty much get mobbed if the situation wasn't handled properly :p

Anyway, Jameson for me please :)

etlgfx said:
I somewhat agree with you on the different brand name for Load idea, towsend and dragon lord are excellent examples, but you already know I'm giong to tell you I'm fine with the Metallica name appearing on Load :D

Blind Illusion Devotion... :rolleyes:

And the selling out thing? Do you honestly believe their managament would encourage them to put out a record like St. Anger? Hellll no. Ever since black album they can do whatever they want. They have made some strange choices (limp bizkit and linkin park on summer sanitarium 200x), but whatever...

Their Management don't control the music they write, but they "assert their suggestions" of how they want the music to sound & who the band should tour with to pull in the most commercial dollars to keep them in the ivory towers they've been accustomed to. It's just unfortunate that when they try to recapture some of their fanbase by contriving some 'heavy' vibes back into the mix, they totally fucking screw it up! They've been so far removed from where they started they haven't a fucking clue how to write music that recaptures their past (now null & void) legacy. At the end of the day, even if that band wrote the most intense & well focused METAL album of their career & all the magazines gave it 11 out of 10 - as far as I'm concerned it's far too little & definitely far too late. The band have already shown their true colors & it ain't with Metal, that's for sure!!! I refuse to put my financial trust into those who betrayed the scene & their own history in such a callous fashion. If they done it before, they can & will do it again. They have no respect for themselves or their fans, they're flogging a dead goat...

Oh and 50.000 people IS for a metallica stadium gig. maybe 25.000 minimum. Maybe I just always go to huge stadiums... biggest show I ever saw them play was Rock am Ring 2006, there were 120.000 people there... crazy...

These stadium gigs are often package deals with other more corporate bands like, Gimp Wristed & Stinking Fart that you mentioned above. Both those bands are commercial whores who pull a different audience from 'Lica. As the managers know that 'Lica can't pull in 50,000 people on their own terms, they add these other ghay bands to the bill in order to cross-pollenate the Gimp Wristed & Stinking Fart fans into becoming 'Lica fans & vice versa. More fans = more money - Frantic Inc. - it's hilarious to know just how many people are brainwashed by these so obvious corporate tactics. Pure comedy platinum! I'm sure the band & their management are laughing all the way to the bank.:lol:

The last time they played my town, they played in front of 5,000 people - Do you know how many of those people hung around after the show waiting for autographs? 17 people. Do you know how many autographs they signed that night for those 17 fans waiting outside for them? NONE. My friend informed me that after he & 2 of his friends hung around with the other 14 fans for 3 hours after the show - the band walked straight onto the tour bus and totally blanked them. My friend also told me that 9 fans walked out the backstage area with aftershow passes (Fanclub Members), they got their autographs alright, no doubt because they remortgaged their house for the privilege.

I can understand a band playing a festival show where they can't sign shit for everyone, but when it comes to smaller shows like the one mentioned above, there is absolutely NO excuse for that level of ignorance.

But you have to admit the tallica crowd is probably a LOT crazier than the DIO crowd, and they would pretty much get mobbed if the situation wasn't handled properly :p

I wouldn't underestimate the intensity of a fans devotion for a band in any country. The craziness factor is different for every place a band plays, and most often the fans go mellow / fucking apeshit in the most unlikely & unexpected of places, and the bandmembers very rarely find out until they get there just what to expect. Maybe if Dio played at your local stadium, he'd be confronted with way more fans (as crazy as the next bands fans) than he does here, and he may not be able to meet ALL his fans due to the huge volume hanging out. However, after meeting Dio on 3 seperate occasions since the first time, I know how much respect he has for the people who support him & I'm pretty sure that he'd give it a fucking good try, without expecting any financial return...

hibernal_dream said:
Huh? Metallica's 1st three albums were way better than Testament, who only have about 3 or 4 good songs to start with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, thanx man! That was the best laugh I've had in ages!!! It actually made me cough tea all over my keyboard it caught me that offguard. My sides are still aching...

Pure comedy platinum! Do you do this for a living? Please stay... entertain us some more...

Your post makes your look about as intelligent as the guy in your avatar. Then again this IS the Testament forum, perhaps intelligence isn't something I should be expecting.

hahahaha, testament only about 3 or 4 good songs... hahahah

aaanyway, metallica sells out stadiums. period. don't even try to tell me that touring with trivium, or godsmack made much of a difference in europe, they're pretty damn near no name bands over there. damn near everyone in the crowd at a metallica show is just waiting until metallica comes on.

and I'm not dillusional, I have my own opinions.

etlgfx said:
aaanyway, metallica sells out stadiums. period. don't even try to tell me that touring with trivium, or godsmack made much of a difference in europe, they're pretty damn near no name bands over there. damn near everyone in the crowd at a metallica show is just waiting until metallica comes on.

and I'm not dillusional, I have my own opinions.

Here's the deal...

The last time 'Lica played a headlining show over this way (with only Warrior Soul as support), was 1990. Like I say - there was 5000 people maximum at that show as it had sold out (spot the difference!:lol: ). Now... 'Lica have been over this way a few times since then, BUT - it has ALWAYS been part of a festival full of corporate popular support acts. A festival will ALWAYS pull a bigger crowd. Are you seriously trying to tell me that everyone who attends these shows are not interested in the 1-20 support acts that are performing before them?

Like I tried explaining previously, ALL the support bands bring their OWN fans (regardless of genre) - some are fans of 'Lica & some aren't. The hope of these cash hungry promoters is that all the little Kerrang brainwashed kiddies out there (who are not yet fans of, or are not yet lining the pockets of, Frantic Inc.), will become convinced that Kerrang (what the fuck do THEY know about Metal) were right in promoting a glorified pop band as being Metal & effectively become brainwashed into one big homogenised gHay 'used to be Metal' family. This in turn neutralises the entire scene & pretty soon starts cross-dressing the Metal bands in the scene with Ghay non-Metal bands & we then have Emo's cropping up making a fucking mockery out of everything Metal represents. Does this SERIOUSLY make you happy?

I'll tell you what I'd love to see... 'Lica actually doing a solo tour (no support acts at all). Whilst I agree that they're now a household name (thanx to them 'selling out' commercially) and would still pull a reasonably sized crowd wherever they may mince, it would be NOWHERE near the volume of people that turn up to the festivals they headline. I seriously doubt in that respect, that the tickets would sell out like the way thery were PART responsible for at festivals / stadiums & would most likely have to book smaller venue's to save their embarrassment of only filling half a hall. Fuck - even Judas Priest play to half empty Arenas over here & they're one of the biggest names in the business!!!

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you old bean, but the fact of the matter is - the majority of the time these gHay support acts ARE more popular with the fans than you give credit for, considering the amount of freshly bought tour t-shirts walking around during the shows which are NOT of the headlining act. If you can't see that then you must at least suffer from partial delusion...:zombie:

I wasn't talking about festivals I was talking about Metallica stadium gigs, so your post is pretty useless as such... except for the fact you were stating the obvious about festivals...

I don't know where 'here' is Mr. Durden @ Paper st. :p, but last timeS they played in Holland were all huge stadium gigs with shitty support bands that didn't get much attention from the crowd. Therefor I deduce: 90+% came for Metallica. Full stadium! Wake up!

And Metallica has done a solo tour, can't remember exactly when, but one of the gigs is on Live Shit, and that stadium is fucking packed too... so I don't know what you're talking about anymore man...

TestAmenT!

etlgfx said:
I wasn't talking about festivals I was talking about Metallica stadium gigs, so your post is pretty useless as such... except for the fact you were stating the obvious about festivals...

I don't know where 'here' is Mr. Durden @ Paper st. :p, but last timeS they played in Holland were all huge stadium gigs with shitty support bands that didn't get much attention from the crowd. Therefor I deduce: 90+% came for Metallica. Full stadium! Wake up!

And Metallica has done a solo tour, can't remember exactly when, but one of the gigs is on Live Shit, and that stadium is fucking packed too... so I don't know what you're talking about anymore man...

TestAmenT!

Festivals / Stadiums, can amount to the same thing in relation to the size of a crowd (it's usually only the amount of bands which differ). Of course the support bands are shitty to you - you're only there to see 'Lica & have already entered the Show with a pre-formed opinion of the whole gig before you even got there. In this situation, because you place no value on the support acts, you believe everyone else around you at the gig couldn't give a fuck about them either. I'm sure the support acts got plenty of attention, which you no doubt choose to ignore whilst propping up the bar.

Also, as the tour is normally sponsored by some fucking alcohol corporation like Carling, Carlsberg, Jack Daniels, etc. - by the time the headline act come onstage, the majority of the crowd are pissed out their mind and offer 'sympathy vote' applause & adulation (not because they actually like the band, but because everyone else around them pretends like they do & they're full of Electric Soup). The herd instinct...

They may have done headline tours, but the reality of the situation is - Every band is more popular in some countries than they are in others & the venues they book and play in co-incide with their estimated audience at each town. Why doesn't the video compilations show them playing the half full arenas that I've personally seen them play? The answer is simple - the record company want to show their fans how popular the band is by promoting the very few countries where they actually DO book an Arena & pack it out. It wouldn't be very cost effective for the record company to show them in any other light. If the fans see that shit, it starts to set subliminal doubts in their mind about the popularity of the band & the fans will then start to question the bands integrity & will ultimately draw a line in the sand for the band to cross (which sooner or later they WILL do). Next thing the record company knows, the band are dwindling in popularity (the herd instinct again), along with the cash rolling out their wallets instead of into them.

At the end of the day, the record company now controls Frantic Inc. They could write an album full of Mary Hopkins style songs & the fans wouldn't give a fuck. The fans only care about the band name itself & they're only going to the show because the record company has bought their minds with a sleek advertising campaign & because they are plugged into the Matrix & have no soul or freedom of truthful individual thought. The record company takes great pride in promoting their name left, right & centre to take candy from the consumerist babies that are 'Lica fans.

How does it feel to be a puppet for the master?

Either way, I'm done with this bullshit...

it's time to move on.:headbang:

Tyler Durden said:
Festivals / Stadiums, can amount to the same thing in relation to the size of a crowd (it's usually only the amount of bands which differ). Of course the support bands are shitty to you - you're only there to see 'Lica & have already entered the Show with a pre-formed opinion of the whole gig before you even got there. In this situation, because you place no value on the support acts, you believe everyone else around you at the gig couldn't give a fuck about them either. I'm sure the support acts got plenty of attention, which you no doubt choose to ignore whilst propping up the bar.

Also, as the tour is normally sponsored by some fucking alcohol corporation like Carling, Carlsberg, Jack Daniels, etc. - by the time the headline act come onstage, the majority of the crowd are pissed out their mind and offer 'sympathy vote' applause & adulation (not because they actually like the band, but because everyone else around them pretends like they do & they're full of Electric Soup). The herd instinct...

They may have done headline tours, but the reality of the situation is - Every band is more popular in some countries than they are in others & the venues they book and play in co-incide with their estimated audience at each town. Why doesn't the video compilations show them playing the half full arenas that I've personally seen them play? The answer is simple - the record company want to show their fans how popular the band is by promoting the very few countries where they actually DO book an Arena & pack it out. It wouldn't be very cost effective for the record company to show them in any other light. If the fans see that shit, it starts to set subliminal doubts in their mind about the popularity of the band & the fans will then start to question the bands integrity & will ultimately draw a line in the sand for the band to cross (which sooner or later they WILL do). Next thing the record company knows, the band are dwindling in popularity (the herd instinct again), along with the cash rolling out their wallets instead of into them.

At the end of the day, the record company now controls Frantic Inc. They could write an album full of Mary Hopkins style songs & the fans wouldn't give a fuck. The fans only care about the band name itself & they're only going to the show because the record company has bought their minds with a sleek advertising campaign & because they are plugged into the Matrix & have no soul or freedom of truthful individual thought. The record company takes great pride in promoting their name left, right & centre to take candy from the consumerist babies that are 'Lica fans.

How does it feel to be a puppet for the master?

Either way, I'm done with this bullshit...

it's time to move on.:headbang:

it's very obvious to me that metallica is not on top of your menu and testament is..in which is cool.:) after reading some of your post there are some good points about metallica's direction and testament..but the thing that i do not understand is that metallica does not get credit in their... "i guess you can call it... New direction"..and what i mean by that is that dude yes they may be a bunch a corporate sell outs..the most important thing IMOP is that these guys at least do one thing that they have been doing since they started and that is writing their own tunes..they may not be fit well in your ears but at least they write their own songs and music....

think of it this way..every time i see the fuckin grammys and everytime whether it's rap, hip hop and country even...most of those people who are in those categories when they win like for ex: artist of the year or song of the year they pretend that they wrote those songs...they may know how to rap they may know how to sing hip hop and may even know how to sing county..but I will bit my left front tooth that the majority of them don't write there own song...how can u be a fan of those artist...and if you are explain to me the elements of that group or solo artist...you can't because their job is just to pour money on to their record companys so they can be rich...I feel really sorry for those people under those categories in music who have to do that for a living...don't get me wrong their are some that do write their own stuff and do let u know what the elements of that group or solo artist .....but on the other hand it's sad because some do not get the credibility they deserve...

hey i stopped being a fan of metallica since load...but don't get me wrong their are some stuff that they wrote on that album that was o.k...
they may be a bunch of money hungry sell outs...but at least they write their own stuff...one thing that kinda still angrys me about metallica was that shit they pulled with NAPSTER....but that is another story that i will not get into right now...

TEATAMENT RULES................:headbang: :headbang:

Consuming Impulse said:
Not taking anything away from Testament but Exodus was the first. They formed in 1980. Most thrash bands formed around 81, 82, and 83.
Wasn't Kirk Hammet the original guitarist for Exodus?