"Blitz" on TestAmenT

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
I just stumbled upon an interview with Overkill singer, Bobby Ellsworth, and after reading it I thought that I'll post a part of it where he talks about TestAmenT- perhaps some of you will find it interesting (for obvious reasons)
Anyway, here's what I'm talkin' bout:

Q:What do think of some of the other thrash bands that are out there that have been around for a long time like Testament or Kreator?
B:Big fan! I'm cut from that mold. I like to see them do well. The last Kreator record I liked very much, but the one before that I didn't care for at all, and quite honestly both titles escape me at this point. When it comes to Testament I don't think there's a better singer than Chuck Billy out there. I think they've written some great songs. I like it when he infuses all of his style within it. I don't like it to lean towards the death end of things, but I like when he infuses it within all of the other parts. He's got such a powerful voice with a fantastic range and a clear, clear top end. For comparison, my top end...his can be clean. That's a definitive thrash or metal singer.

I think it's really nice to read how other Thrash Metal legends respect "our" TestAmenT and not only talk about how great they are and how stupid are the people that don't buy their records anymore:cool:

If feels like reading the whole interview, here's the link:
http://www.thirkell.co.uk/Interviews/metalrules.htm

Well, keep dreaming. I'd surely kill to see that happen, but I guess the fact that they're labelmates again doesn't really help...

I'd love to see Overkill & Testament tour together, with someone like Death Angel opening.

Yeah, that would rule, but it wont happen. It seems that you never get even 2 bands sewn from the same cloth on a bill together anymore.
I'll be seeing DEATH ANGEL Thursday and OVERKILL Friday! When am I going to see TestAmenT again? : (

It seems that you never get even 2 bands sewn from the same cloth on a bill together anymore.
I don't know, man. The No Mercy Festivals featured three Thrash legends (Testament, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault) and Exodus is going on tour with Nuclear Assault and Agent Steel so it looks like the things are improving...or are they not sewn from the same cloth?