cover songs from testament

testacat

Jun 1, 2002
Turkey
Visit site
when I'm drinkin
my brain's beginnin to work I think :D

if testament make a cover album like coverkill or metal jukebox
which songs would u like to see inside it?

( infact..it sounds cool! let's think about that,
the album's gonna be 2 CDs
CD1: testament old -includes old, great and guiding songs..
CD2: testament new - includes new bands testament likes to listen and wanna support..
I want too much?...ok:D )

whatever,
I want to listen to stargazer from testament, for example
or children of the grave
or welcome to hell

would be fantastic..

If they did I would like to hear them cover songs that no one has ever recorded a cover of before......song that I never want to hear covered again "Slayer - Raining Blood" if you're in a band dont cover that song.

pink floyd is good idea, so good!!
I believe they can
look at "trail of tears"...

judas priest - metal meltdown or victim of changes
accept - metal heart or fast as a shark

sure, they're absolutely great
also u.d.o....

venom covered deep purple's speed king and did it better
wanna hear it from testament, too

and megadeth - in my darkest hour
exodus - piranha
death - philosopher

Yes ValofValhalla, I agree that ACCEPT were definetly a VERY cool band.
I was fortunate enough to see them open for MAIDEN'S World Slavery tour and DIO's Sacred Heart tour (2nd leg)
Also saw UDO a couple years ago and they played a TON of ACCEPT tunes and sounded awesome! Being a big fan you probably already know that the old ACCEPT drummer now plays guitar. He played all the leads for the ACCEPT material on that UDO tour I saw. UDO rules!

I think a tribute song to Death like Spirit Crusher would be good. Also a Painkiller cover would be great. They should cover a Black Sabbath song like Children of the Grave. A Dio cover sounds good. Maybe Rock 'n' Roll Children. I Surrender from Rainbow is a good song to cover. Maybe The Ripper from Judas Priest.

Originally posted by sava
I think a tribute song to Death like Spirit Crusher would be good. Also a Painkiller cover would be great. They should cover a Black Sabbath song like Children of the Grave. A Dio cover sounds good. Maybe Rock 'n' Roll Children. I Surrender from Rainbow is a good song to cover. Maybe The Ripper from Judas Priest.

hmm..
in my opinion, stargazer is more complex than I surrender
and it pertains to testament's sound, so I chose it

iron maiden - prowler
motörhead - iron horse

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
I was fortunate enough to see them open for MAIDEN'S World Slavery tour and DIO's Sacred Heart tour (2nd leg)
Also saw UDO a couple years ago and they played a TON of ACCEPT tunes and sounded awesome! Being a big fan you probably already know that the old ACCEPT drummer now plays guitar. He played all the leads for the ACCEPT material on that UDO tour I saw. UDO rules!

u.d.o. - with the vengeance;)

Originally posted by sava
typicaly bands dont cover songs of other bands that established themselves after or around the same time as they did. Especially not off of albums that came out recently. If they covered any Death song is should be something of the first 2 albums.

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

I have one more idea...............HIGHWAY STAR???????? Ya know, covers are okay, but I like the idea of originality. That is what makes a band who they are. I hate that hip hop shit that is out there that ruins original songs. I don't wanna get started on the Sting thing....ya know what I mean?