TestAmenT covers?

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
I know what covers TestAmenT did, but does anyone happen to know what covers of TestAmenT songs have yet been done? I have the Jump In The Pit tribute album [done by some young and unknown (at least for me) bands] + I've managed to download a live cover of Low by Obstructing Justice. Anyone heard something else? It's interesting to hear their songs covered, but there seems to be very few of the them. I can't believe that no "big band" covered Over the wall, Practice or The new order. After all, TestAmenT was a very influential band, wasn't it?
BTW, doesn't TestAmenT deserve a solid tribute album done by other metal legends (I mean sth like the Priest tribute with testament's version of rapid fire or metallica's with Chuck singing Seek and Destroy)? I personally would love to hear Maiden, Slayer, Overkill, Vader, Death Angel, Metallica, Soilwork, The Haunted or Halford or even some rock band cover a testament song. Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I believe it would be simply awesome!

I agree with you about having some REAL bands pay tribute to Testament. I have that same CD you do and there are a couple of good songs. But most of those bands sound very amatuerish and not that polished. Testament deserves an Andy Sneap sounding tribute by some established bands like The Haunted that can really do some justice!!! I'm all for it.

Amatuerish and not polished- these were the first words I also kept repeating after listening to most of the songs on this album. Who ever selected the bands? I mean, if those really had to be young and yet unknown bands, they could have been at least talented and well produced. There are many young and skilled bands that don't get recognition they deserve, and such tribute could be a great chance for them. And they made a cheap (in production), mediocre disc with bands that sound uninspired at best (well, most of them)instead. They had hoped for an easy money income from the die-hard fans, I guess. And they probably got what they wanted. Still, I'll be dreaming about having a CD with some established bands paying their tribute to the Thrash Metal Gods. It will probably never happen, though...