Stupid Police Car

remington69

Music + Science = Sexy
Feb 7, 2003
NW Chicago 'burbs
www.livejournal.com
On my way to work this morning, a stupid police SUV turned left in front of me and I ended up hitting it. Thankfully, he didn't have any lights on or anything, so it's all his fault. But, my car's pretty fucked up now. Grrr! The car's not even 2 years old and this is the 2nd accident it has been in (the other one wasn't my faulr either...I was rear ended).

I hate drivers.

Various037.jpg

yeah its a only a car after all, its a pain in the bum for sure, but at least you got yer health, and an unlucky car story in a few years time ;)

lokey said:
yeah its a only a car after all, its a pain in the bum for sure, but at least you got yer health

One of our IT people who works on our computers was killed this last weekend. He and his wife were heading to church on Sunday and were hit head on and both were killed instantly. The driver(19 year old kid) just got his license back in January for...... you guessed it, drunk driving. He was going 80 in a 35 and blew past a stop sign and killed them both. He and his passenger had three times the legal limit in their bloodstream and were both killed also. Very sad because the guy was so nice:erk:

Sorry to hear about your accident Remington but glad that you are ok.

MyHatred, I'm also sorry to hear about your co-worker.

I have worked in the litigation field (as a secretary) for quite a few years now and I have seen some pretty horrific accidents and what can happen to people. Unfortunately it has also made me skiddish to drive, although I do it.

I drive a mustang GT that I put a lot of money into and I know eventually someone will hit me and wreck it. That's a negative way of thinking but I can't help it, sometimes I just think about trading it in for a piece of shit and having no more car payment and no longer having to worry about parking in the very back of every parking lot where no one is around and walking. But then I realize that my car is bad ass and I smoke everyone who revs at a red light. Damn I have too much testosterone. I guess that's why I'm a metal fan:headbang:

MyHatred said:
One of our IT people who works on our computers was killed this last weekend. He and his wife were heading to church on Sunday and were hit head on and both were killed instantly. The driver(19 year old kid) just got his license back in January for...... you guessed it, drunk driving. He was going 80 in a 35 and blew past a stop sign and killed them both. He and his passenger had three times the legal limit in their bloodstream and were both killed also. Very sad because the guy was so nice:erk:

Man thats horrible. Sorry to hear about this.

Rise said:

being hte brother of police officer, I hear about this stuff a little. Good luck. It is true what they say on TV that there is this unwritten code between law enforcement people and judges and stuff like that. Unless he was 100% at fault, and is a person of integrity. Sorry to hear about your wreck though. What does your insurance think of it!?

MyHatred said:

That terrible. I love to drink and I love to drive fast. And I'm also glad I have the insight to know that I should live in the city and get rid of my car. Cars are a luxury and a huge responsibility in my opinion. I'm 28 and I've had a car ever since I was 16. I wish I could have all the money I've poured into car ownership back. Taxes, gas, insurance, parking, registration fees, maintenance, car notes, etc etc etc, it never fucking ends. Until you sell it and forget about it.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
being hte brother of police officer, I hear about this stuff a little. Good luck. It is true what they say on TV that there is this unwritten code between law enforcement people and judges and stuff like that. Unless he was 100% at fault, and is a person of integrity. Sorry to hear about your wreck though. What does your insurance think of it!?

I wouldn't sue him. I mean, yeah I was pissed, but accidents happen. He just made a misjudgement on when to turn.

Thankfully, the insurance end is getting worked on nicely. My insurance already contacted the village and they are willing to pay for everything. The only sucky part is that I'm stuck with a stupid rented Chevy Malibu until my car is fixed.

remington69 said:
I wouldn't sue him. I mean, yeah I was pissed, but accidents happen. He just made a misjudgement on when to turn.

Thankfully, the insurance end is getting worked on nicely. My insurance already contacted the village and they are willing to pay for everything. The only sucky part is that I'm stuck with a stupid rented Chevy Malibu until my car is fixed.
Thats cool, and kinda cool about the rental. However I highly doubt you would have the Malibu/Chevelle or an SS Malibu. I didnt mean to make it sound like police are above the law. But it happens. In Hays, I can do no wrong :D!!! But yeah those things do happen, sorry it had to happen to you!

Sorry to hear about your car, Rem. Didn't you just buy that thing?

AlexStomp said:
That terrible. I love to drink and I love to drive fast. And I'm also glad I have the insight to know that I should live in the city and get rid of my car. Cars are a luxury and a huge responsibility in my opinion. I'm 28 and I've had a car ever since I was 16. I wish I could have all the money I've poured into car ownership back. Taxes, gas, insurance, parking, registration fees, maintenance, car notes, etc etc etc, it never fucking ends. Until you sell it and forget about it.

I have 2 cars. Paid off. Both worth every cent. My insurance is less than $100/month.