IN THE WOODS - Omnio
ULVER - Bergtatt
KATATONIA - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
LILITU - Memorial
SLEEPLESS - Winds Blow Higher
BORKNAGAR - Empiricism
ANGELCORPSE - Iron Blood & Blasphemy
THE BLACK LEAGUE - Utopia A.D

Wow, those are some great additions to any collection. I have so many cds I want to get. Lilitu was a great buy. I just got that a few weeks ago. You won't be disappointed. I need to get the new Green Carnation and Scholomance very soon and Utopia A.D. and some In the Woods and some Finntroll....damn you! :lol:

Yes, Agalloch is not only good stuff, its great stuff!
Kind of folkish doom/black but doesnt sound like either doom or black metal..
Highly original stuff!

Algol: How is Sculpured? They have the same keyboard player as Agalloch right?

Originally posted by Lutz
Yes, Agalloch is not only good stuff, its great stuff!
Kind of folkish doom/black but doesnt sound like either doom or black metal..
Highly original stuff!

Algol: How is Sculpured? They have the same keyboard player as Agalloch right?

I think Haughm, of Agalloch plays drums for Sculpured, and they might share some other members too. I haven't heard them yet, so I can't give a good review. But what i've read is that they have some crazy arrangements and thier music seems to fly around all over the place, strange time changes and stuff. It's a band you really have to listen to over and over again to really "get it". When the CD gets here I can give you a better description. I don't think they are much like Agalloch though, if thats what you're looking for.

Yes, I think Vintersorg fans should definitely check out Agalloch!

Originally posted by Algol

I think Haughm, of Agalloch plays drums for Sculpured, and they might share some other members too. I haven't heard them yet, so I can't give a good review. But what i've read is that they have some crazy arrangements and thier music seems to fly around all over the place, strange time changes and stuff. It's a band you really have to listen to over and over again to really "get it". When the CD gets here I can give you a better description. I don't think they are much like Agalloch though, if thats what you're looking for.

Yes, I think Vintersorg fans should definitely check out Agalloch!

Well sounds good, I think I will probably check them out. :)

For me the best 2001 releases was...
Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence (Single..)
Gamma Ray - No World Order
Symphony X - Live On The Edge Of Forever
Iced Earth - Horror Show
Borknagar - Empiricism
Agalloch - Of Stone, Wind And Pillor (Mini-CD)
Rhapsody - Rain Of A Thousand Flames
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York
Kamelot - Karma

I would recommend all those definitely...

Originally posted by Hearse
Ok here's my TOP CD's of this year!

- Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design
- Dimmu Borgir - Puritanic....
- Hollenthon - With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell
- Therion - Secret Of The Runes
- My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours
- Finntroll - Jaktens Tid
- Tristania - World of Glass

So if you miss some of these, go buy that.

I can't but them in order, but I can name The Album of the year 2001, and its:

Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design

really... :)

You know what? I've been looking for Deaths Design for months now, ever since I heard the little teasers they put up at MP3.com. I can't find it anywhere, everytime I go looking it's always out-of-stock:(

Originally posted by winter-frost
You might want to try http://www.blackmetalusa.com I have ordered from them many times and have had no problem. They only have the digipak and it costs $17.

That's as much as Tower Records sells it for. Guess I might have to bite-the-bullet and just pay the $17. Shit, I remember when I could buy a Slayer tape, a pack of smokes, and gas up the car for that much:lol:

(that was only about 10 years ago)

Never give in! ;) lol I remember looking for the Havayoth album and finally I broke down and paid $16 for it and a week later I could of got it for $10. Oh well :D

if we're talking about ulver all the time...what about "kveldsanger"???
it is one of the greatest albums i've ever heard! it is a bit like empyriums"where at night the wood grouse plays"! only accoustic instruments, but it has an incredible dark and atmosphere!

Definetly get anything from The Black League, they are fucking awesome (yeah, I am a finn too), I have all their releases so I should know :D

This thread makes me wish I had some more money. I should get a job, but I am too damn lazy. I need to get the new Green Carnation and Scholomance cds soon. I also want to get the latest Agalloch cd.

Algol, you can get Death's Design from www.theendrecords.com right now for $11 if you are still wanting to get it. Free shipping, too. Can't beat that.

Edit: damn typos