Suggest Bands!

The two I would really love to see are Menhir or Doomsword and even though I've seen them both either Odroerir or Waylander would be nice too. Maybe a bit of a stretch but I think Manilla Road would still fit in fine at the fest and being a North American band they wouldn't be nearly as expensive. Some of those "oddball" bands like Inquisition and Slough Feg that weren't as fitting to the nature of the fest ended up being some of the best bands plus it draws in people that otherwise might not have gone which is always good.

I mentioned it on RC and I'll mention it here too. The Falls of Rauros would be an awesome addition to HC4.

And of course, the one band people have been suggesting over the years, Agalloch.

Menhir and Doomsword would be fantastic! Also Oakhelm. I enjoy their first LP just as much as any European pagan metal these days

I'll be pitching you an advance copy of Gatekeeper's (my band's) first EP as soon as it's mixed and mastered. Epic Doom/heavy metal with huge influence from Doomsword, Manilla Road 90's Bathory, even Mael Mordha and Primordial to lesser extents. Might be an oddball, but we've got lots of norse-themed tunes.

http://gatekeeper-vinland.blogspot.ca/

Last edited by a moderator:
Long shot........................................
Forefather!!

I know, I know. I had to ask.

How about:
Metsatoll
Manegarm
Doomsword
Agalloch

Very excited about the fest being back! Awesome!

Manegarm needs their return!

Any chance of asking Green Carnation to reform for ONE show?

I hear that Will Bozarth is a pretty sweet acoustic player with a looping pedal that could play in between bands.

In an earlier post Maggotcrusher666 said "Maybe a bit of a stretch but I think Manilla Road would still fit in fine at the fest and being a North American band they wouldn't be nearly as expensive."

I don't know if you all know this or not but Manilla Road will be headlining the first night of WARRIORS OF METAL FEST V OPEN AIR on Friday, June 29th at the Frontier Ranch in Pataskala, Ohio. They have not played in Ohio since 1988 or '89 so it'll be an Epic return. You can get the information about the line-up at http://www.warriorsofmetalfest.com

I have already given my recommendations to John but I would reiterate FIAKRA from New Jersey. They sure have the right dress code in the band :D \m/