Suggestions for a metal mix?

Yea, I'm mixing in Vegas Pro 9. It's not that widely used in the audio community anymore it would seem, but I love it. I've been using it for about 10 years now. The rhythm guitars are the thing I'm having to give the most attention to so far. Out of a 100% mix, I usually get to 80-90% pretty quick because I've been doing this a pretty long time now and instinct and ears get it down pretty fast, but the last 10-20% I usually slow down and take more time with, nitpicking.

With that in mind, if you want to do some DI tracks, that would be cool if you want to. I have some ampsims I can try on them. If not, it's ok too. I'm doing my best with the existing rhythm tracks. Let me know either way.

Ok... so for those of you following this thread I'm tossing up a couple links to the songs versions.

1st is my original mix with my crude attempt at mastering
Dominae_original

2nd is Matthias's Mix and is not mastered. He focused more on maintaining dynamics and atmosphere than pure volume.
Dominae_Matthias's Mix

The parts of Matthias's mix that I particularly like are how he softened up the bass in the clean part of the song. And also how he blended the clean lead with the rest of the song so it sits more naturally.

In the spirit of this forum please feel free to leave comments and critique. If you'd like to take a stab at your own mix please feel free to download the individual tracks linked to earlier in this thread.

Chris :hotjump: