Suhr Iso Line-Out Box vs Marshall SE-100 (Line-out quality only)

Bevosss

J Root Tele + Diezel Herb
May 20, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi guys, I'm pretty sold on the Ownhammer neb impulses, so I need to get my amps (Herbert/Recto/HD500) into my daw direct from the power amp. I already own the SE-100 from years ago, it works as a reactive load ok, but mostly I can run through cabs here anyway, except mainly late at night...so, I'm more interested in the respective line out quality on each.

I've read some good things about the Suhr unit, I know it's balanced out which the Marshall isn't for starters...does anybody have experience with both? Like, will I see a noticable difference in tone using the Suhr over the SE-100?

Just to fully clarify, I'll be recording through a Diezel Herbert or Recto Power Amp into a Mesa O/S cab, but taking a tap off which ever power amp I'm using (the pre will be one of the above or a Mako MAK4).

Thanks for any advice! I hope somebody had experience with both. Or, if you think I can do better eg Faustine/Torpedo, please advise me. I just want a transparent line out that a speaker would otherwise receive, preferably without breaking the bank. :)

Cheers!