Suicide Bands and Albums

LoboUivante

my tummy hurts
Oct 20, 2001
Amidst enlightenment and gloominess
tvtel.pt
searching for some emotional/despair ridden music... so, what are your choices?
(no melodramatic/way too much melancholic stuff a la lacrimas profundere, forest of shadows or my dying bride)
mine are:

katatonia - dance of december's...
at the gates - terminal spirit disease
ebony tears - tortura insomniae

also, just found out this nice band called lilitu that play melodic death mixed with dark goth, for now it sounds good.

EDIT: (NO MORE DOOM PLEASE) (that includes shape of despair and other slow motion bands)

Dark Suns-Swanlike.
The Loveless- Star Rover.
Blazing Eternity-A world To drown in.
Saturnus- Martyre and paradise Blenongs to you.
Novembers Doom- The Knowing.
Swallow The Sun- The morning never came.
Shape Of Despair-Angels Of Destress :cry:
Nortt- Gudsforladt.
Officium Triste- Reason.
Radiohead- Ok Computer

Xasthur - Noctunal Poisoning
Xasthur - A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors
Leviathan - The Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide
Radiohead - OK Computer
Tindersticks - Tindersticks volumes 1 and 2
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var

oh c'mon... you are being way to soft (nick drake is my favorite artist... it gets very overwhelming and melancholic... but despair? suicide? RADIOHEAD??? i mean bands that just make you want to stop existing by the most painful way.. check these lyrics for example: katatonia's gateways of bereavement...

at the gates - Terminal Spirit Disease

Can you feel the pain I feel?
I've lost all sense of what is real
I'm lost, in a world I detest

Can you feel the pain I feel?
This wound I've got will never heal
I'm lost, in the serpents own nest

Oh - set me free - crucify life itself
And let your joy be the reality
Our suffering life - the dream

Pain, the highest order
Scorching the inside of my skin
Terminal spirit disease
An itch of thirst twisting my tortured nerves

Kill the worm that is depression
Join the leeches of oppression
Inpure - twisted - logic they die

Kill the worm that is depression
My fevered circle - circle of damnation
Consumed by this torment pivine

Terminal spirit disease
Terminal spirit disease

Your souls condemned to sing of life
Must die to be set free

------------------

Artist: Ebony Tears
Album: Tortura Insomniae
Year: 1998
Title: Evergrey

Forever, we're lost beyond a day
Tomorrow will bring bitternes and fragments of hate
Our sickening lives, will die behind
Silhouettes of evergrey and scars from yesterday

The dreams we keep inside, will surely pass us by
And when truth becomes a lie we all die
The remains of yesterday, will keep us all awake
Reality will quake and we all bleed...we will bleed

Sadness the joy that I lack are traded for
A meathook, buried in my back
Nothing can ease your pain, dancing on the edge
Soon to go insane

Downwards we go
I'm fading for sure
Downwards we all go

thanks for the replys!

Allow me to be the first to tell you that you need BETHLEHEM's album 'Dictius Te Necare'. This has the most anguished, suicidal vocals I've ever heard -- and not for no reason, as the vocalist killed himself right after they were done recording it.

You also need all Xasthur, especially To Violate the Oblivious, which sounds the most desparate to me, especially Screaming at Forgotten Fears. The first several times I listened to it, I was enthralled. It's so simple but so emotional. Xasthur is deeply affecting.

Deathspell Omega is black metal, but they have some incredibly sad parts in their music.

But Xasthur and Bethlehem you NEED.

As much as I can't stand them I'd have to say Cradle of Filth's Dusk and Her Embrace - theres some bloody heartwrenching music on there

Ulver - Kveldssanger :)

Earthtone 9 have some of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard, and also some of the most awesome bone crushing metal riffs, and for some reason I become extremely overwhelmed when hearing some of their songs (Binary 101, Enertia 65800, House Of Leaves, Revelation).

And Converge - Jane Doe (the title track) is so fucking good that I'm always stirred up after hearing it. When I die, I want it to be the last song I hear.

A few of Tool's songs (Dispositon/Reflection mainly, which are probably my favorite songs ever) also would make me want to die. I don't know why, I probably sound really whiney or something.

Get some G.G. Allen.......if ever you want to kill everyone and everything...including yourself......if ever you have wanted to take a shit onstage and eat some then spit some at the crowd....then wipe it all over your face and go to the corner and jack off with it.......
while there is nothing sad about G.G.s music...his life was nearly godlike in its severity...G.G. didnt give a fuck about anything....least of all himself....he wanted nothing to do with any scene or to be a part of anything but his music....he hated everything and everyone.......he wanted to experience everything possible....and he probably did everything possible....no holds barred.....and dont let his music or stage presence fool anyone....behind the things he did while he was alive....was the mind of a genius......I would urge everyone here to take a look into G.Gs life....and to figure out what he was doing with his life........he lived just like I would imagine a serial killer would have....and all the time in the eyes of the public.....

G.G. Allen and the murder Junkies

and so this might not necessarily fit perfectly into this thread I think that G.G. was all about suicide....not necessarily by his music...but by how he lived his life......the most crazy fucker to live in recent times for sure......at least without killing anyone(that we know of)....

also opeth. my arms your hearse. the ending, with "epilogue", could not be more perfect. feels like you're walking through rain, and it's so monumentally heavy, like you have this giant weight on your shoulders.

Anathema-Pentecost III
Orphanage-Inside
Rapture-Futile
Opeth-Orchid
A Canorous Quintet-Silence of the world beyond(Orchid's sleep song is master!!)
Novembre-Novembrine Waltz

Well, those are some bands, there are a thousand more!!!!!

EGODIE said:
Anathema-Pentecost III
IMO Pentecost III is either really beautiful and optimistic (concerning the music)... think of the great harmonies in the title track or the verse and outro of We, the gods... At least, that's my impression of that...

really dark, depressing music... hmm: I would say "Forest of Equilibrium" by Cathedral and some other Doom stuff, OST like Hellraiser II, any Carpenter stuff.. that's all for now!

LoboUivante said:
scriblles note to get some Xasthur and Bethlehem. (Have one song from Bethlehem, didn't get more because it's not in freakin english.

There's an English translation at darklyrics.com