Sulfur

abacchus

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2006
Sorry if there has been a thread on this.

But how come the bonus track Sulfur was left out of the original album?!? Ok, IMO, the energy in this song breaks down a bit at 5:10 - for me, this section really belongs to another track. Still, its one of the best tracks of a bloody good album.

I think Katatonia chooses to leave off the songs that sound a little bit different, regardless of quality...but they put em on their ep's instead. IMO some of Kat's best songs are the ep ones, in other words it has nothing to do with the quality of the material.

Yeah, same thing with Dissolving Bonds and March 4. I love all 3 of these songs, all definitly at the top of my list, and none are on albums. *shrug* as long as I get to listen to em, all that matters to me :p

jup i also love "sulfur" and "march 4" so much! katatonia seem to have a special liking for good songs on eps ;)

That reminds me... I've been wondering for quite some time now exactly what the song Sulfur is about, and what the whole "I have sulfur in my heart, but not enough strength to give it a spark" metaphor means... It seems like it could be a few things. Anyone know the band's intentions with this song?

it's about a remembrance. the person remembers the time when he was young and had so many options and ways to go but wasn't able to move and/or decide what he should do, so he did nothing at all because of depression. now in a even more depressive moment of his life he remembers the time when he thought he was depressive but actually shouldn't have been. and now he is stuck in misery and he sees no way out.

always when i listen to "sulfur" i think: "damn! just do something! don't let the depression get you and take you down!" so a depressive song gives me strength... strange world...