Sulfur

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
I just wonder if Sulfur was left out from Last Fair Deal Gone Down because of this nasty disturbance noise. My apologies for not knowing the correct english word, but it's a microphone saying "WEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII". You know. If you've ever held a mic, you should :)

Is it just my head, or does this sound exist? It's not there all the time, just on some points. Or could it be intentional?

Heh, that's why I'm here. Well, actually, it's not. I'm here to keep my wandering mind occupied, expand my philosophical horizons, and infuse a slight bit of surrealism...

Polystyrophene monkeys are painting my spleen black! FORGE THE BRIGHT! SPLASHUP ZAMBONIES!

...wherever I can. However, human dictionary works too...

I checked out the noise again. It's definetly not intentional. So according to my logic, the feedback should be coming from drums, otherwise it could have been fixed. Or well, the hell do I know about the style Katatonia works in studio.

With my four-time not-so-careful listening I'd say it was there almost all the time the electric guitars and real drums were. I'll check it out at home tonight more carefully and get the numbers. I might be wrong at this, that's why I asked, but on the other hand I don't usually hear non-existing things, and the noise was very clear to me. And there was no such thing in March 4.

I really dont hear any feedback in Sulfur...are you talking about the some what droned or heavily reverebed percussion sound...kind of like a far off racket ball sound?

Right. So as I said the sound can be heard at parts with electric guitars and real drums together. Most clearly you can hear it in chorus parts, that is about:
1:30-2:05
2:58-3:33
4:27-5:03

My friend heard it too, and he said "It was more higher than I'd expected". (If this helped you.) The sound has a rhythm, like "We-we-we-we-we-we", but it isn't in time with the rest of the instruments, though it first seemed like it.

It's not a string, it could be some synth-sound though, but in my opinion it's too irritating to be one :) and cannot be heard as regularly as synth would be heard. I'm not totally sure it's feedback, but I think it's something that wasn't ment to be there.

Anyway, if nobody can hear it, it doesn't make much difference.