Summer breeze festival this weekend

Back too :wave:
For me it was Finntroll, Children Of Bodom, Subway To Sally and The Kovenant. We actually had luck with Finntroll.. Their (and CoB's) flight to the Summer Breeze Friday morning was cancelled. Fortunatelly they managed it to get another connection over Kopenhagen to Germany on time (well for CoB not really on time for they arrived 5min before they should have gone on stage so they started to play 30min too late.. still their moshpit was the biggest of the whole festival :)). When they arrived in Stuttgart Finntroll realized that all their stuff was left back in Helsinki. That means no instruments, no clothes, no merchandise, nothing :erk:. Fortunatelly the guys from Amorphis agreed to lend them their stuff for the gig so they played it anyway :). They did a really great job and the people loved it so after the gig you could see them smile again :D. The rest of the night was filled with some beers, a massage, two waterproof pens and ended in the morning with a pissed guitarplayer (tho the rest of the band loved it *lol*) :D

ah I heard that Finntroll had problems cause their instruments were left at home, anyway the gig in Vienna was oke, tho I prefered In Flames and Blind Guardian!!!!
I think the most disappointing band in Vienna was Amorphis, they rule on cd but they arent a live band at all imo...

I enjoyed Amorphis at Summer breeze, but it's true that they are really static... I was happy to see guys who release quiet but good albums now, and who are not ashamed of their past... :headbang:
I enjoyed In Flames too, a bit less than in Wacken, because of the sound, but it ruled anyway... did you see the pyros?????!!!! Amazing isn't it? And their lights engineer is Mas, Samael's bassplayer, this guy really rule...

Thortyir said:
Amazing isn't it? And their lights engineer is Mas, Samael's bassplayer, this guy really rule...
Yeah, he brings nice effects for the fans but for the photographers it's really hard for he uses only the lights behind the guys.. I spoke with Peter from In Flames after their gig and tho I took pics of him too I had no idea who he is for I didn't see his face on the stage *g*

DragonLady1 said:
I think the most disappointing band in Vienna was Amorphis, they rule on cd but they arent a live band at all imo...
Same problem as Katatonia ;) *runs away...ggg*

BTW @ Thortyir: the guy who did the vocals for Finntroll at the Dynamo was the vocalist of Rapture (Samu's other band). There are two guys doing the vocals in Rapture so I suppose it was Henri who's doing the growling part.
rapture.jpg

well Katatonia were muuuuuch better then Amorphis, at least from what I saw of them at the Metalfest...
well In Flames were oke for taking pics at the Metalfest as they played when it wasnt dark, so we could see their faces... I think the worst light was for Saxon, cause there wasnt light at all... what was quite strange for a headlinerband.... anyway In Flames should have been headliner :)

hm, dunno, Saxon was oke, but not really my sound, I prefer Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or Savatage when talking about old school metal...
And most of the people left after In Flames, so maybe if Saxon would have played before also the younger generation would have experienced the old metal ways hehe ;)