summer trips?

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
anyone goin on any summer trips or anything like that?

A) tour!!!

B) drinkin @ holmes' camp or whomever else's camp i can swing a Keith's back at

Planning to work all summer to fund musical equipment, so no trips for me :p

I think I'm gonna enjoy the shows that come over here this summer, and jam with the band. Maybe do some shows if we're ready.

After a less a day back in Canada, coming from Korea, I'll be going to Finland for a month, with a 2 day stopover in Paris, France at the end (just the way the cheapest flights worked on, "Hoh-hon!" :) I've dreamed of visiting Finland since I was about 18...a decade later, I'll be turning 28 during my stay there and seeing no less than four (4!!!) weekend metal festivals and various other shows during the weekdays, INCLUDING seeing AMORPHIS at least twice! It will be sauna, beer, metal = comforting madness! I can't friggin' wait!!! Then, it will be back to Canada to begin with GoW!

+ I got an offer from a Finnish metal magazine to write a blog-essay or sorts of my experince while visiting Finland. I'll be sure to post the results!

:kickass:

Don't have too much plans - basically I just want to work my ass off, so that by the end of the year I'll have enough money for 4-6 month trip in South America. If I continue working 7 days a week, I should be ready by November.
I may take a few days off when the weathers appropriate to either hike up north here (which is beautiful) for about a night or two, and I'd really love to go to the Sinai desert for a few days to just chill by the beach.

I'm also going to the Tuska festival in Helsinki, including the Amorphis/Epica/Nightwish show. :headbang:
Hope to see you around, David!

Then, I'm off to travel around Belgium for a week, checking out the many fine beers. :kickass:
After last years festival I went to Sweden, so this time I picked a different country. If I can manage it, I might also take a trip into either France or Holland since they're close by.

I'm also going to the Tuska festival in Helsinki, including the Amorphis/Epica/Nightwish show. :headbang:
Hope to see you around, David!

Then, I'm off to travel around Belgium for a week, checking out the many fine beers. :kickass:
After last years festival I went to Sweden, so this time I picked a different country. If I can manage it, I might also take a trip into either France or Holland since they're close by.

that is a solid lineup for a show! have fun and take some pics. would love to hear a post show wrapup!
where r u from anyways?

Probably 2-3 days on Jekyll Island in southern Georgia in early July...
106-0649_IMG.JPG

jekyllsunset.jpg

For sure, in later July, I'm taking both kids (sans my wife)-- flying from Atlanta to Minneapolis, then spending about 3 1/2 days in that area, then driving down to Iowa for 3 1/2 days, before back up to the Twin Cities and flying back to Atlanta...

Just back from 9 days in Minnesota and Iowa-- pretty unreal-- haven't been to MN in 7 years and haven't been to Iowa in 15-- nice and green, that's for sure...

IMG_1112.jpg

8+feet corn...
IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

The old family farm...
IMG_1273.jpg

Family farm 2
IMG_1281.jpg

I'm going to Canada during Australia's summer this year (or early next year). Staying on the west coast (near Vancouver) for a good 6 months. I plan on heading over to Ontario to see GoW, and maybe to Quebec/wherever Martyr happen to be playing. Can't wait.