Summer's Laughter Tour '10 in Toronto

Craysh3

Bathrobed Architect
Dec 17, 2008
The Review

It was blistering fucking heat yesterday. I did not bring enough water and the venue treated us like cattle in a butcher's foundry. No ins n outs. $3 bottles of water and $5 molson dry bottles. Fuck that shit.

First band was an old school toronto-based death metal band. I have no idea who they were, and they were not on the main bill, but they were good.

Vital Remains. I have waited for these chaps to show up a while now. No singer. No Bassist. It was karaoke hour with their set. They just played the instrumentals. Still rocked my socks off. Had an awesome talk with the new drummer afterwards about border troubles and weed. They only played 3 songs but shit, it was the 3 that counted; Dechristianize, Devoured Elysium, and Hammer Down the Nails. I was the only one reciting every word of the last song. Should'v gone up there :bah:

Cephalic Carnage. Good stuff if you're into highly technical grindcore and pot smoking.

Decrepit Birth. Always deliver quality, and this was the third time I saw them.

In between these guys, bands like all shall perish, carnifex, veil of maya, animals as leaders yadayadayada I was just out chain smoking like any other normal human being that couldn't give any less of a fuck about bullshit x-core/scenester bands.

The Faceless. They can get annoying after the first 2 songs because you get the point, but otherwise they were alright for the second time seeing them. The rhythm guitarist was also doing lighting for the tour, haha.

Decapitated. Awesome. The new singer is pulling off a good balance between the Organic Hallucinosis guy and the original cat. They only played shit from Nihility and that last album, which kind of disappointed me because I'm a big Negation fan. But c'est la vie, it was still a kick ass set and the new drummer is near perfect. Welcome back, you fucking pollacks!

A Poem about an Old Prison Man
Day 69
Post Organic
Invisible Control
Names
Mother War
Spheres of Madness

As far as I can recall.

Riveting review. Left me on the edge of my seat wanting more. I feel like I was right there with you the whole time!

haha man have you not figured out yet that I'm just fucking around pretty much always?

Sorry you're so sensitive. I'll stop :lol:

I'm with ya all the way on that, but on the other hand, fuck it... I just wanted a beer or 3 even if it was carbonated canadian piss in a glass bottle.

Only gay people get gay and say gay things like that!

30228_129067070452692_122256581133741_277883_6657731_n.jpg