Sunny Day Real Estate

Jan 8, 2002
vehemence.brutaldeath.net
Ok so these guys are totally emo gaycore shit, but I still dig them anyways. :p My band totally gives me shit for listening to stuff like this, and playing death metal. But on a more serious note, these guys write some great stuff. Diary, their debut album is one of my favorites of all time. But I like all their shit. What do yall think of them?

I bought one of their CDs back in '91 because one of their songs was featured on a Skateboarding Video I had. (has "Little People" toys on the cover) What a mistake---1 good song, the rest blew monkeys' nuts!!:puke: :devil:

Last time I heard Sunny Day Real Estate was during my "I hate emo" phase 3 years ago and I didn't like 'em much (something about the songs being too slow or chock full of emo-ness or some petty crap like that). Though considering that I like a lot of emo now, might have to check their shit out again soon.

I really like Sunny Day Real Estate. I have a burned copy of "The rising tide" and i love it! Almost every song is beautiful worked out and they are good musicians imo and have a singer who has a unique voice :)

I like them alot too. I only have "Diary" and "How it Feels to be Something On." I've heard some of "Rising Tide" and from what I gather all albums are not the same. I read that they were started out as predecessors of the emo craze now. They seem to be more post-Seattle instead.