Sup Fuckers

Yeah, I know CiG likes Doom too. We had a revival at RC starting fall of 2020 until about the end of last summer. Now totally dead. Sucks because I got really into Metal again in 2018, got back on here in 2020, and there's not much activity. I missed all the ranking threads and interesting stuff.

Reactions: CiG
If you're keen on active discussion, you should hit up the Revelation of Doom forum. It's invite only but I could probably hook it up.

Unfortunately this place is done and pretty much at the point of no return.

RoD is the way. This place's autism was its undoing.

New traditional/epic doom thats not stoner is hard as fuck to find any more. I like some stoner stuff like Monolord and Uncle Acid but too much of it is boring samey shit.

I just search through tags on bandcamp when I'm bored. I've found some cool shit that way, plenty of 15 second quitters too though.

(Love Obsidian Sea)

Reactions: SonOfNun
That Obsidian Sea sounds intriguing. I haven't paid much attention to new stuff. I didn't really listen to Doom during my youthful Metal phase and I only really got into it in 2020 so I'm still in that exhilarating time of truly discovering the classics.

I figured the forum as a medium for discussion was just about dead across the internet. I've always been partial to UM. These forums were the first place I discovered to talk about Metal as a teenager and I used to write reviews and do interviews for the webzine. People that age aren't coming on forums much and us old farts are waging a war of attrition.

I know wainds is just a cunt about everything but it’s really not like the nwn forums other than the way it looks.

It’s actually moderated (might be a problem for some of the guys here)

there’s no favoritism and alliance bullshit with certain labels and there’s like 55% less obsession with war metal bands

The moderation is the only real downside to the forum, but I get why it's like that because there are a lot of retarded far-right edgelords on there that occasionally go on massive spergouts, threats of violence, rants etc.

It gets called the new NWN board because it was created by a reg and most of the first waves of memberships were NWN exiles.

i wasn't trying to be critical by saying that tbh, i honestly thought that's what it was. in fact i originally found it a while back by searching for what happened to the NWN forums and everyone saying they'd made a new forum in its place, plus yeah the look etc. i think some of the more hardcore BM (aka racist) people did branch off and make another one called 'the black vault' though.

i have noticed it has less people just going on about teitanblood all day than NWN did lol. also more normies but that's a fair trade.