'sup maiden(spoilers)

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
in a word awesome

it wasn't the best i had seen from them but still worth my money and time.

the set was weirdly structured in my opinion but still cool. they had some bass noise problems during one song and bruce's voice seemed a bit strained but overall i was very pleased.

and now for those who want to know, some spoilers of the set.

\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
V

The Number of the Beast
The Trooper
Die With Your Boots On
Revelations
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wildest Dreams(new one)
The Wicker Man
Brave New World
The Clansman
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
Run To The Hills

of course i might be missing some. i was a bit disappointed at the lack of songs from somewhere in time or powerslave BUT i would trade Two Minutes to Midnight for Revelations any day.

when i was a kid, i watched another kid i had briefly met take out a small notepad and jot down a bunch of games he wanted for xmas from a gigantic pile of discounted atari 2600 cartridges, in a bin, at a kay-bee store, in a mall. i was enamored with this kid, as a kid.

i'll admit that i really think i enjoy maiden shows better when they are touring behind a studio album because on this tour and the ed hunter tour it was like a greatest hits kind of night but on the x-factour and the brave new world tour they really seemed on top of their game even if blaze wasn't that great bacck in 1996. But just the overall band vibe was awesome when they have this new album to promote and it seemed to energize them greatly.

So I am really looking forward to seeing them next year after the album is released. You think guys are having problems waiting till October for the Kayo Dot album? I am SO waiting anxiously for September to arrive with the new Maiden album.