SUPER GENERIC METALCORE/DEATHCORE! Comment on my mix!

guitars kinda take over the whole mix a bit..
the rest sounds fine, of what i can hear :)

what mic and preamp did you use for vocals?

Sounds like generic metalcore to me. If this is what they want, give it to them, I don't find very many qualms with it. Do you have any problems with your Saffire 26, Robbie? I'm having some DSP issues with mine and can't get it to work right no matter what I do, maybe it doesn't play nice with leopard.

Sounds like generic metalcore to me. If this is what they want, give it to them, I don't find very many qualms with it. Do you have any problems with your Saffire 26, Robbie? I'm having some DSP issues with mine and can't get it to work right no matter what I do, maybe it doesn't play nice with leopard.

I had some weird issue with it the other day while a band was recording, and i bought one of those 'cans of air' and cleaned all the dust off my computer, and i turned it on with nothing plugged in, restarted, then plugged everything in. And it worked fine since. Do you have the most recent drivers/firmware for it? and im running Windows 7 :p

I'm not really digging the guitars.
as mentioned before, they're too loud. they just sound like they're eating too much freq.
I've definitely heard better guitar tones from you.
but it could just be their 16 year old finger tone.

Because they sound very good to me ;)

Thanks man :p

I'm not really digging the guitars.
as mentioned before, they're too loud. they just sound like they're eating too much freq.
I've definitely heard better guitar tones from you.
but it could just be their 16 year old finger tone.

Where are they sounding too heavy?
Lows? Mids? Highs?
He was using some stock pickups, and half of the chugs weren't even actually palm muted because when he palm muted most things, it made them sound EXTREMELY gross and muddy. AND sometimes his pickups would cut out completely out of nowhere :p But apparently he couldnt find anyone with a guitar he could borrow, (which is a lie, cause i have 5 he could of used, lmao)

it could be the pickups.
I'm horrible at spotting the imperfection in the chain when it comes to guitars. probably my biggest flaw right now.
I just know when it's not sounding right.