Superior Drummer 2.0 / Guitar Pro MIDI

Val_Killmore

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2010
So I just bought Toontracks Superior Drummer 2.0. The program that actually runs all of this is Toontrack Solo. Now I don't know if I am mentally handicap or not but the manual and tutorials are lame for this. I am not very educated in terms of Music Software and Recording and such.

I have written a good 15 songs on Guitar Pro, and have tried transferring the drum midi file over into my DAW (EZplayerpro). Once I get the midi file transfered over, it doesnt exactly match perfect at all. I get random crazy percussion, the kick is replaced by half snare/toms.

I was told that its not going to match perfect, and I will have to manually fix all of these "errors".

Can anyone give me a couple of tips on how to do this, or what to do? SUGGESTIONS???

you'll need a sequencer or another "tool" where you can edit MIDI.
basically you just need to mark the notes and drag them to the right place...

cheers
S.

Happens to me all the time...i do alot of drum mapping in tabit...then bounce it over and use my bfd lite to build up a set and then start with samples i always have to double check the whole track cuz alot of the times IE- tom 3 will map into bfd as a snare flam (sometimes it actually fits though so ill leave it)...pain in the ass but till i get the money to buy one of the drum progs this is how im gettin down.

In SD 2.2.1 anyways, there is a "MAPPING" button in the top-left menu. In there, select the Presets pulldown above the keyboard, select MIDI > Note Mapping > GM Extended and see if that makes your drums more listenable :)

you'll need a sequencer or another "tool" where you can edit MIDI.
basically you just need to mark the notes and drag them to the right place...

Aiight so that sounds exactly what I need. Where do I get this at?

And does anyone know any good presets for Superior Drummer 2.0? The kind of stuff I write is very Meshuggah/Mastodon influenced.

Turns out I had to change my guitar pro stuff around...

Using "40" as the snare was the problem, for the most part. I had to replace all my "40" snare to "38" snare. Very ez to do.

Exported it as Midi file, drag and dropped it into ezplayerpro. Shizzam done.

Tho it still sounds like balls, thus, time to make em sound sick tonight.

Turns out I had to change my guitar pro stuff around...

Using "40" as the snare was the problem, for the most part. I had to replace all my "40" snare to "38" snare. Very ez to do.

Exported it as Midi file, drag and dropped it into ezplayerpro. Shizzam done.

Tho it still sounds like balls, thus, time to make em sound sick tonight.
To avoid dragging the snare and kicks next time use

38 for snare
36 for right kick
35 for left kick

I haven't experimented enough with the cymbals, though, but I just drag and drop in my DAW (Reapaaaaa)

I had to replace all my "40" snare to "38" snare. Very ez to do.

Hi dude, i'm just wondering... do you have to replace all the hits in guitar pro one by one (which can be a huge PITA for an entire song) or is there a way to replace all of them at once ?
I tried to do that in Guitar Pro but didn't find anything like this, so i had to do it note by note.

Just import the midi, select all notes of same value, which can usually be achieved by clicking the corresponding key in the piano roll (pt8) or a right click function in reaper, and slide em up.

Hi dude, i'm just wondering... do you have to replace all the hits in guitar pro one by one (which can be a huge PITA for an entire song) or is there a way to replace all of them at once ?
I tried to do that in Guitar Pro but didn't find anything like this, so i had to do it note by note.

I just figured this out not too long ago. It's very simple!
Open the midi take in DAW - right click the piano note of the hit you want to change.(This should select every hit on that note/drum) - Then move it to the correct note/drum you want it on. Also while all are selected you can change the velocity of all of them easily.
At least this is how it works on Reaper.

Edit: Didn't see the last 2 posts, but as far as I know I don't know an easy way to change it in Guitar Pro.

I just figured this out not too long ago. It's very simple!
Open the midi take in DAW - right click the piano note of the hit you want to change.(This should select every hit on that note/drum) - Then move it to the correct note/drum you want it on. Also while all are selected you can change the velocity of all of them easily.
At least this is how it works on Reaper.

Edit: Didn't see the last 2 posts, but as far as I know I don't know an easy way to change it in Guitar Pro.

Ok thanks anyway.