Superjoint Ritual - A lethal dose of american hatred

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
YES this cd will be coming out this tuesday and i will be, like for the slayer dvd, campin out for this at best buy.... im seeing sjr the day after this cd comes out in norfolk va, anyone hitting this show let me know ill be sure to smack you up in the pit, i used to hate sjr but man i was like CHARLES sit down and goddamn listen to it till its GOOD..........after listening to the whole cd twice......i now love them for the goddamn heavy metal band they are and i bought their dvd and blew a load at the sight of that awesome performance.

SJR first CD has a very fitting title: Use Once and Destroy. I hope the second one is better, but there is no way in hell I'll buy it until I hear it first. I used to respect Phil a lot but seeing SJR live was a terrible experience.

@nonesovile : phil and dimebag had a falling out as i have just recently read in revolver(which i no longer subscribe to and when this subscription runs out im not renewing it because its become incresingly and incresingly nu-metal/emo shit) it said they had an irreconcileable dispute that drove them apart and phil doesnt really talk to pantera because pantera doesnt wanna talk to him, he said he only talks to vinnie once or twice a month.

NAD said:
SJR first CD has a very fitting title: Use Once and Destroy. I hope the second one is better, but there is no way in hell I'll buy it until I hear it first. I used to respect Phil a lot but seeing SJR live was a terrible experience.

Because of Phil? Or just having to sit through the music?

NoneSoVile said:
I just listened to the first two tracks from the album and i thought it sucked big time. Why did phil leave Pantera for them?! I wouldnt mind so much if it was Down he left them for as i enjoy thier music lots, but SJR!

Phil in Down or Pantera only. SJR is complete garbage without any
soul to it. It's like they are trying to be so hardcore that it comes off
as phony. I can see camping out for Slayer, but SJR?!
They are an impulse buy at best...:p

I've read Anselmo and Dimebag weren't getting along well from before from differences. Superjoint Ritual is boring as fuck. All they do is make the same songs over and over it bores me to tears I tell you. Anselmo is saying the whole point of this band is to make heavy metal as brutal as possible but I've heard more brutal bands doing a way better job. He should just concentrate on Down cause that's what's he's best at.

SLAYER85 said:
@nonesovile : phil and dimebag had a falling out as i have just recently read in revolver(which i no longer subscribe to and when this subscription runs out im not renewing it because its become incresingly and incresingly nu-metal/emo shit)

Are you on the "rag" or something?!
Everything is one big bitch fest....

Nightmarez said:
Because of Phil? Or just having to sit through the music?
Both. The CD I could stomache, it was boring but not terrible, but them live was awful. Phil talks way too much, but at least with Pantera he had something (almost) decent to say. He kept bitching about the guy from Godsmack. We know dude, he sucks. You could kick his ass, good. Now shut up.

Down II was a huge disappointment, but I still love that band, and Pantera rocks. SJR is like nu-metal (no solos, very repetitive, heavy without thought, etc.) with Phil screaming.

I recently read that Phil challenged Metallica to bring them (sjr) on tour with them, the point being sjr would kick metallicunt's ass. lars or whovever basically just laughed it off. now i'm not a fan of anything metallicunt has done since ronald regean was us prez, but even now i think sjr couldn't hold a flame to metallicunt live. I can't stand Phil 'cause he always shooting his mouth off about something and sounding like an idiot as a result. I wish he'd shut up and just stick to signing in Down.

Aside from the fact that I can't stand Superjoint Ritual, I am getting so fucking tired of Phil and his drunken rants all of the time. I love Pantera and Down, but this guy just needs to shut the fuck up and sing, not give everyone a running commentary of who he hates and wants to beat the shit out of. Ok, you're a tough guy...WE GET IT. I have no idea what went on between him and Dime, but I can guarantee no one wants to deal with a frontman who talks shit ALL OF THE TIME when they play. I'm sure that gets extremely annoying. By the way, I saw Down every time they came around here when they were touring last year, and they were great every time, but my one complaint would be Phil related. I think when you're going to play a show you should at least try and remain halfway sober. The guy was making a fool of himself up there and I was shocked that he was still able to sing...

MURAI said:
Yes he needs to stop talking shit about bands on stage and just do his music.
That brunt out addict is gonna turn up like Lane Staley soon.
If I have him & Scott Weiland on my dead pool. I get a bonus if Weiland
dies before he completes the record with the ex-Gunners.
Anyway Lill' Slayer 85, I think the replies to your little thread says it all.
SLR is a Numetal band and they don't have the backing of the majority of Metal Fans....