Support

Powers

Good Morning USA!
Nov 7, 2005
Sunderland, U.K.
www.rackaforum.com
Hello all I'm new.

Don't know if this is already a thread, if it is then mods and admin feel free to redirect me to the relevant page (I know how stressful moderating forums can be).

Just wondered if anyone had any idea who'll be supporting the mighty Opeth on there UK dates at the end of November? As me and my friends are at a loss.

I assumed it would be Extol as the supported them on the 3 dates they played in the UK earlier this year, however Extols official website gives no mention of supporting again.

Not that I'm bothered, I downloaded some Extol stuff as soon as they were mentioned on Opeths website and I was far from impressed.

I heard rumours that it might be Dark Tranquillity however they're currently on tour with Chimera (it makes no sense I know) and I believe some of these dates over lap so that's not going to happen.

Godgory? The Porcupine Tree perhaps?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Powers.

Ah Godgory would be awesome...but its actually gonna be 'Burst' (and Akercocke for the London gig) supporting

Silent Song said:
i liked the US support a lot more than upcoming UK

The US support wasn't that great. Into Eternity were the worst band that I've ever seen live. I don't know what was wrong but it was a terrible performance. Nevermore were good though. Loomis was fucking amazing.

Jon Snow said:
The US support wasn't that great. Into Eternity were the worst band that I've ever seen live. I don't know what was wrong but it was a terrible performance. Nevermore were good though. Loomis was fucking amazing.
Yea, Into Eternity was just a bunch of noise to me.

Loomis is a ridiculous player. In "This Godless Endeavor" he played these ridiculous arpeggios for like 5 minutes straight... and he looked very angry and sort of like he was in pain the entire time. A very different performance than Mikael or Peter. Loomis makes playing guitar look hard, Mikael makes it look easy and fun...
PHP: