Houston Opeth fans - a question

Does anyone know when the Houston date Saturday, February 7th, 2004 will be on sale? I've seen that for the dates already posted on ticketmaster's website, the earliest sale is for december 22nd, but houston hasn't been listed yet. Anyone know if the date has to be listed on ticketmaster's website before it goes on sale?

I wouldn't worry about it. You can always get tickets at the door. I saw them back in 2002, and tickets were $15 at the door at the Engine Room.

Check www.startickets.com , that's where I bought my tickets last time (May 10th 2003), but that was at Fitzgerald's...thank god they're not playing there again! They start selling the Austin tickets next wednesday, but no word on the Houston gig either, but they might update it soon or something.

In case I can't buy tickets online (most likely to happen), can anyone give me the phone number of The Engine Room, or is there a way I can buy tickets through the mail directly from the venue? I'm not from Houston, and I can oly afford going there for the actual show, not just for buying my ticket. I don't wanna risk it and try to buy it at the door, something tells me the show could sell out. In any case, there's no fucking chance in hell I'm missing this :)

Shit, I'll have to travel 8 hours all the way from Mexico AGAIN, possibly sleep at a truck stop and I'll have to put up with Dildo Driver or whatever they're called....ahh, but Opeth are worth it :kickass:

I wouldnt go all the way to Houston if I'm coming from Mexico man, go to the Austin show instead. Your right about startickets because thats where I got mine for the May 9th show. Houston is much much further a drive then Austin. Thats 2 hours more you'll have to be going and coming back from. And I'll tell you this about Houston!! The cops there are all fucked up and I'll try to steer clear of that place from now on.

DreamingofUr said:
I wouldnt go all the way to Houston if I'm coming from Mexico man, go to the Austin show instead. Your right about startickets because thats where I got mine for the May 9th show. Houston is much much further a drive then Austin. Thats 2 hours more you'll have to be going and coming back from. And I'll tell you this about Houston!! The cops there are all fucked up and I'll try to steer clear of that place from now on.
Are you sure about this?

I have been to Houston three times for concerts already (Tool, Opeth and Metallica) and I have always been told that Austin is farther away. In fact, my uncle is a trucker in Texas, so he's been all over the state, and he tells me Austin is at least 2 hours farther than Houston, considering I live in the border with Laredo. I think Austin is closer only for those who live in McAllen and Brownsville etc.

I'll check in a map soon though :p

Thanks for the info too!

Yeah the Engine Room is a lot bigger than Fitz, I was at the Engine room for the Dimmu, CoB, Hypocrisy, Nevermore show, and it was pretty full at that show, but looked like it could have fit a few more. But at the dimmu show I did see a lot of people wearing Opeth shirts, I was one of them. So I dont know it seems like Opeth is getting a lot more popular, I highly doubt it would sell out and deffinitly not before the night of the show but its always possible.

Azogue said:
Are you sure about this?

I have been to Houston three times for concerts already (Tool, Opeth and Metallica) and I have always been told that Austin is farther away. In fact, my uncle is a trucker in Texas, so he's been all over the state, and he tells me Austin is at least 2 hours farther than Houston, considering I live in the border with Laredo. I think Austin is closer only for those who live in McAllen and Brownsville etc.

I'll check in a map soon though :p

Thanks for the info too!

Is San Antonio closer to you then Houston? If so how many hours earlier do you hit it? Austin is about 1:15 away from SA going straight up I-10. And Houston is a little over 3 1/2 hours away from SA. And since you are coming from the south too I assumed it would be shorter. I could be wrong though! GL finding the shortest and best place to go.

Don't fret my fellow Texas friends. I've noticed since I have been here that Ticketmaster likes to take their sweet time in posting tickets for sale for Houston. They will eventually be on there. But yeah, I doubt the show will sell out. There doesn't seem to be as many metal fans here, bah. At least if you buy them at the door you can avoid the Ticketbastard fees.

I think all of you are slightly mistaken - firstly:

the fellow coming from South in Mexico - Houston is closer in distance to you than Austin would be, especially if you take coastal roads and/or ferry across the Gulf of Mexico to port at Galveston. But look into it, find out what works better.

As for the Engine Room itself, its somewhat larger than Fitzgeralds but keep in mind there is no balcony - so the amount of people the place can hold somewhat evens out with Fitzgeralds. And know this - the past two times Opeth played in Houston Fitzgerald's SOLD OUT. Also, Dimmu Borgir recently played in Houston in November, I was there and heard from the band's mouths themselves that the show was sold out and people were left outside unable to get in (from what I heard 200 people were left out) - so buy tickets early, dont fuck around otherwise you may regret it, Houston has more metal fans than you think.