Extol support

Oct 20, 2005
UK
What did you think of Extol supporting Opeth?
Personally I did'nt like them. I was on the front row in Manchester and the guy from Extol was looking at us all I we were just not enjoying it! I was thinking 'don't look at me!!!' When the gig finished this guy that I know was talking to the drummer, and he was like 'you were great, but the singing was shit!' The dudes face was just like :cry: he looked heart broken!

:cry: i think Extol are a great band, especially live. They probably had an off night. When i saw them in Cornerstone FL back in May, they tore the place up. Probably my favorite concert ever. But different strokes for different folks i gess.

Extol's music is hard to categorize, because it evolves greatly from album to album. They started out having more of a black metal influence, then more into progressive/technical melodic death metal, then technical thrash, then some odd form of unique and experimental rock, which is where they are at now. The thing is, all their releases are really great quality, musically speaking. I definitely recommend checking them out.

to a fair judgment: the reason the drummer probably was heart broken was because the singer is his cousin who he's been playing with for 12 years. I'd say that was akin to a kick in the balls for him.

I didn't like Extol very much.
They played the same kind riffs over and over again in their songs and always in the same rythm.... mhh talking of rythm, I think the drummer was quit good, but at my show he lost his sticks I guess two times. The third time he was able to catch it before it hit the ground. (at it wasn't kind of a trick;) )
They are a good band and but I just don't like their music.
The vocals were really weak...

I didnt like them when i saw them support at the mean fiddler- just bored me really. Singer kept on looking at us too. The drummer is good no doubt but i just can't get into their music.

Extol were the supporting act in Stockholm as well and it's the first time I've ever heard/seen them. I enjoyed their performance. It's not the kind of music I'd normally buy and listen to at home though. And yeah, my first thought when I saw the band was "Damn! The drummer is totally wild!". So, not quite my kind of music, but it's a good band.

personally, i would really like to see extol with opeth. extol's music is really heavy and melodic, which is why they've played with opeth before and which is why they're on tour with them again. although i do have one gripe with extol, there's a song on their new cd, the blueprint dives, that sounds like a fucking deftones song.

truls said:
I` ve been wanting to check out extol`s music...what`s it like?

black/prog-death music with christian themed lyrics, though not as preachy as stryper, petra, or pod. yes, there are christian black and death metal bands and some of them aren't half bad.
crimson moonlight, antestor, immortal souls, kekal, admonish, slechtvalk, those are some of the christian metal bands i've checked out other than extol.

neuroticandroid said:
black/prog-death music with christian themed lyrics, though not as preachy as stryper, petra, or pod. yes, there are christian black and death metal bands and some of them aren't half bad.
crimson moonlight, antestor, immortal souls, kekal, admonish, slechtvalk, those are some of the christian metal bands i've checked out other than extol.
such good bands.