Meeting Opeth

Frost of the sanctum

Broken Lance
Feb 20, 2002
Bridgeview Illinois
Have any of you ever personally met any members of good olde "O" like after a concert or something? I have had very good luck meeting bands, in one show I met morbid angel, and zyklon in one day (did I mention that was the greatest day of my life? :D ) . I was just wondering what my chances of meeting Opeth at a show would be. I would extol and praise Mikael until he finally killed me!

Went to see Nevermore, Opeth, Angel Dust and God Forbid at L'Amours in Brooklyn, NY last winter. Got to meet pretty much everyone. I met the singer from God Forbid, and Dirk and Ritchie from Angel Dust. Got to meet Warrel, Jeff, and Jim from Nevermore. I got both Warrel and Jeff to sign my "Believe in Nothing" CD. And we also got to meet Mikael. After I met Mikael, shook his hand, and told him how great his performance was, I grabbed my wife (who had wandering around) and pointed him out to her. She was wearing a brand new "Blackwater Park" t-shirt, and she asked me if I thought he would sign it. I said, "I don't see why not". So, she walked over and asked him if he would sign her shirt. He did so, and then gave her a big hug. That kind of took her by surprise, given how much you read that Mikael isn't all that fond of people in general. Obvioulsy we didn't get a chance to sit down and chat with him. But, from our brief encounter, he seemed like a really good guy.

GZ

I talked to Mikael on the steps of his tour bus after the L'amour show basically the whole time Nevermore was playing. He's definitely one of the coolest, most easygoing people you could ever hope to meet. Just get him talking about music and you're all set. :cool:

Cool! At gigs Mike comes across really genuine as do the rest of them. No rock star attitude at all!

Me and my mates from the band met the whole of MOONSPELL at a gig in Camden. We went backstage with them after the gig and had a chat. Mike Gaspar (drummer) sat down with Edd Harrison (our drummer) and went through with him how to play the drum fills in Erotic Alchemy from the 'Wolfheart' album. Why? Because Edd asked him to, that was pretty cool. :cool:

A few other people from gigs when I've played with them, but as for going to gigs that was certainly the best one.

Brutalizer, you lucky bastard! :eek:
Does he say "If you know what I mean" a lot? ;)

I went to see Fear Factory not too long ago and after the concert they were chillin' in a local pub for the rest of the night. I didn't hear about it until a few weeks after though. :(

hehe

Oh yeh! I met Cannibal Corpse in Metal-head, Carnaby street (remember that me english mateys!). They had Morbid Angel 'domination' playing in there. They were like "yeh man Morbid Angel" and we started headbanging to it ...... with Cannibal Corpse! that was pretty cool.

I bullshitted a bit with Peter before the LA show, and then talked to Matin Lopez for quite a bit (35-40 minutes?) The guy is hysterical. Said a few words to Mike...he was nice but exhausted, so I just let him go.

Originally posted by Brutalizer
Mikael works in a record shop here in town, so i see him now and then. :D
Not very often though.

I've met him there about twice too. Very nice guy, seemed kind of surprised to see a fan in there.