opeth from stockholm, sweden in köln, germany...

[KOTNO]Narrot

Eats and spits corpses...
Sep 2, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
so, i saw opeth today, the setlist was not really surprising:

deliverance
baying of the hounds
when
in my time need
to rid the disease
the drapery falls
the grand conjuration
face of melinda
blackwater part
demon of the fall

afaik that's the exact same set they played in the UK too. the venue was very small, i guess not even 200 ppl could get in there. i had a perfect place in the first row right in the center. extol were ok i guess but nothing special...they were REAL loud tho.
opeth ruled.
it seemed like mike had much fun; after deliverance some ppl screamed for leper affinity and mike said smth like 'shut the fuck up. we dont take any suggestions! because we are opeth from stockholm, sweden.' then he proceeded 'some of you guys may have heard that we got a new album out which is called ghost reveries...and we want to play a song from this album for you now. it'S heavy....headbanging is the keyword here. well the guy here [pointing directly at me, lol] knows how to headbang but must of you do not...you suck.' lol

best thing about the whole concert was when mike introduced the band before demon of the fall (haver will like this :) )
'on my right side there's former basketball player and now guitarist peter lindgren...to my left on bass guitar a man called bass player...'

yea, i guess only like three ppl or smth at the show got the joke but i think it was great nevertheless. he seems to read the forum more often than we think actually...

david

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
well the guy here [pointing directly at me, lol] knows how to headbang but must of you do not...you suck.' lol

'on my right side there's former basketball player and now guitarist peter lindgren...to my left on bass guitar a man called bass player...'
:tickled:
olol classic

Haha, that was indeed funny. Also something like: "Thank you all for coming and supporting Opeth." pause. "It was a joke, you can all fuck off!" Or Mikael's information in german: Mein Hund ist dunkelblau. (My dog is dark-blue)...It was a brilliant gig, but I hope next time they will not play in the Underground, for it is defintely too small!
David, did you take some pictures? I stood actually too far from the stage, so I have some nice pictures of... heads and hair. Really nice.

hrm. okay. Narrot's comments above made it seem like some sort of forum inside joke. suppose it was kind of a funny joke. hopefully MM has a sense of humor :).

BraveMurder said:
David, did you take some pictures? I stood actually too far from the stage, so I have some nice pictures of... heads and hair. Really nice.

no, i didnt have a camera with me. but there's another thread with pics here, just check the forum...

I dont know if Mikael had fun or not, but sometimes I wasnt even shure, if it was himself singing, because of the sound in general. If you guys of Opeth, or the management, really read this: There is a shack called "Live Music Hall" about 200m from the "Underground". More room, better acoustics, and i think the concert still would be sold out.

Neck-breaking gig anyway. Best Setlist ever. Maybe cut out In My Time of need, and add one of the new songs, but thats just my opinion. Now I know, that The Grand Conjuration IS a great song and Delivewrance, When and Blackwater Park subsided the place from Underground to hell.

I knew that Bass Player-joke, but is it really only Forum-related ?

Hügelgräber said:
I dont know if Mikael had fun or not, but sometimes I wasnt even shure, if it was himself singing, because of the sound in general. If you guys of Opeth, or the management, really read this: There is a shack called "Live Music Hall" about 200m from the "Underground". More room, better acoustics, and i think the concert still would be sold out.

I knew that Bass Player-joke, but is it really only Forum-related ?

yea, the live music hall would have been more suitable i guess.

the bass-player joke was made up here afaik, so iguess it can be considered forum-related...

i'd exchange Face Of Melinda with Godhead's Lament, which is far superior and 2 Damnation songs are too much.

Funny was the freak always shouting things like "Jemand hat uns ein Ei gelegt, usw" (just some shitty crap. i didnt even get it all). Mikael "Shut the fuck up!" or

"Bist du verheiratet?" -crowd laughing- "Haha its very funny youre laughing about my nasty jokes"..

It was very nice to talk to them afterwards, indeed. Just cool guys.

I think it was the first time ever they played "When" in germany. There was another song but im not sure which one.. Of coure the Ghost Reverie songs but.. was it To Rid The Disease? I think so. Two novelties on german ground that evening :)

fuscous said:
Funny was the freak always shouting things like "Jemand hat uns ein Ei gelegt, usw" (just some shitty crap. i didnt even get it all). Mikael "Shut the fuck up!"
thos were lyrics from a german comedian called helge schneider afaik...i think it was pretty funny in the beginning but it got somewhat annoying...

fuscous said:
"Bist du verheiratet?" -crowd laughing- "Haha its very funny youre laughing about my nasty jokes"..
[smartass]
Aakerfeldt said:
...useless jokes...
;) [/smartass]