Opeth Live in Stockholm - I just bought tickets!! Who's coming along?

RiffBoy

Fret Buzzer
Nov 21, 2005
Sweden
AT LAST! I'm going to see Opeth live for the first time. It will be SO awesome!!

On December 17 they will be headlining a concert at "Debaser Medis" at Medborgarplatsen
in Stockholm, Sweden. It will be their first "non festival" concert here for three years, I think!
I'll be there with my woman, and also, we gave my son two tickets for his birthday, so
he'll be there too! :cool:

Tickets are still available today (SEK 250 only; at ticnet.se ) so if anyone here wants
to come and see "THE GUYS" :rolleyes: ... why don't you tag along!!

[Hey Mike, btw, thanks for the cd signing and our brief "chord structure discussion"
- LOL - at the record store in Stockholm, recently! See ya! ]

Wish I could be there! As a big admirer of Stockholm (going there in september for the 4th time in 3 years) and a huge Opeth fan, it is my dream of seeing Opeth live one day in their home town! I recently bought my tickets for Symforce in Holland where Opeth is playing, that's enough to tide me over :)

I envy you guys (even though you haven't had a headline show for a long time). I'm quite disappointed that they have not included Norway this time around. My plan was to see them in August on Lillehammer, but it seems like I won't be able to do so. AND I was present at Hove when they cancelled...:cry:

Well, just have to cross my fingers for a last minute announcement...(OR hijack a car and drive to Gothenburg in December!:heh:)

Me and a friend are going, we bought tickets a while ago. Some others might come aswell, but they haven't bought tickets yet afaik. It's gonna be awesome, and I can't wait for it. 17'th december is not nearly close enough:erk:

yeah, i'm going there too. couldn't see them att peace and love festival cause of mikes chicken pox >< the only reason i went to that festival haha :rofl: but this winter! can't wait actually ^^

Me, my brother and my friend are going and most likely a couple of more of my friends that I havent asked but am fairly certain has tickets so most likely we'll be a gang going.

And yes, it's about time the boys play in their hometown goddamnit (or close to it, sort of) this gig will be one to remember!

I've only seen opeth once and Mikael spoke swedish the whole concert, to answer your question Illidan.

If your coming over seas maybe Gothenburg is better?
Opeth is playing there too a couple of days ahead or after sthlm gig.

w00t! I'm hoping my paycheck is gonna get to me quick so I can buy a ticket.:) Last time I saw them were at "Klubben" in September 05' so it would be w1n to see them again (**l33tspeak and other abominations may be caused by too much irc'ing due to a temporary lame social life and unemployment**).

I will be there.
Its been too fucking long since they played here.
I wonder what bands will be supporting.

Im glad its at Debaser Medis this time, a nice step up from Klubben i think.

I will be there.
Its been too fucking long since they played here.
I wonder what bands will be supporting.

Im glad its at Debaser Medis this time, a nice step up from Klubben i think.

Cynic and The Ocean is the support. How long do you think Opeth's set will be? 1.5h? 2h?

I've only seen opeth once and Mikael spoke swedish the whole concert, to answer your question Illidan.

If your coming over seas maybe Gothenburg is better?
Opeth is playing there too a couple of days ahead or after sthlm gig.

thanks for your tip. but i will come to stockholm in october already so i guess travelling to göteborg doenst make sense ...

Cynic and The Ocean is the support. How long do you think Opeth's set will be? 1.5h? 2h?

Cool, both bands sounds interesting, have to check them out some more.

Opeth will probably play a standard set, dunno how long they play these days?
But since its their hometown maybe we can bring them back for something extra.

I bet Jonas and Anders from Katatonia will be in the bar. :)