Opeth Live in Stockholm - I just bought tickets!! Who's coming along?

My guess it that it will be standard set but also very informal since it is after all their hometown and they havent played here for 3 years.

Oh and debasar is a cozy place :D imo club gigs are much more profound than arena gigs although arena gigs are more METTUUUULL

Me and my friend just bought tickets to the Stockholm show. It's gonna be great.
What kind of place is the Debaser Medis?

Its been a while since I was there, but what I remember is that compared to Klubben its a bit bigger, there is a bar along the wall att the back, this area is also on a small stage so you get a pretty nice view from there. If I recall correctly there is also another bar in the lounge outside the concerthall.
I have also heard that on the secod floor there is like a little theatre were you can sit and chill and watch the concert through a window, its soundproofed with its own soundsystem and they send the music up there straight from the mixertable. But i guess that area are for VIPs.

Overall its much more cosy and it doesnt feel as booring crappy and cheap as Klubben does.

I'm still waiting for an answer from them if I can bring the kids (I emailed them a few weeks ago and no answer yet). If I can, the whole family will most likely be at the concert.

Schooling the kids in great music?

DING you get 1+ in father points!

Seriously though I hope you can bring your kids a long I'd recommend getting some very strong ear muffs to protect the little ones' ears :)

Its been a while since I was there, but what I remember is that compared to Klubben its a bit bigger, there is a bar along the wall att the back, this area is also on a small stage so you get a pretty nice view from there. If I recall correctly there is also another bar in the lounge outside the concerthall.
I have also heard that on the secod floor there is like a little theatre were you can sit and chill and watch the concert through a window, its soundproofed with its own soundsystem and they send the music up there straight from the mixertable. But i guess that area are for VIPs.

Overall its much more cosy and it doesnt feel as booring crappy and cheap as Klubben does.

Hah sounds like a good place. Well Im going to consume some ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖL there then :p

Schooling the kids in great music?

DING you get 1+ in father points!

Seriously though I hope you can bring your kids a long I'd recommend getting some very strong ear muffs to protect the little ones' ears :)

They can listen to whatever they like, but the two older ones (2 and 4) like Opeth, Nightingale, etc (third one was born a little over 3 weeks ago, so I can't really tell what kind of music he likes yet, although he seems to prefer Beethoven over Mozart) and they've seen Opeth live once already together with a bunch of other bands at the Close Up Festival a couple of years ago. They have their own earmuffs already (except for the smallest one, but we'll get him a pair as well). :)

:( I just got an answer from Debaser. The kids have to be at least 13 due to the sound level. I find that strange, since they'd be wearing ear muffs, so I sent a reply asking about that. This does reduce the chances of me going by quite a bit. We'll see...

How long will there still be tickets available you think?

Hard to say, they have been available for quite a while now, but once the word is out i bet it will be sold out pretty quick.
Last time they played in stockholm they sold out fast iirc, people was hanging outside klubben bidding on other peoples tickets. I would hate to be in that situation. I say borrow money from someone and buy one if thats the problem.

:( I just got an answer from Debaser. The kids have to be at least 13 due to the sound level. I find that strange, since they'd be wearing ear muffs, so I sent a reply asking about that. This does reduce the chances of me going by quite a bit. We'll see...

Actually I've been wondering about this for a while now, I know other places also have that restriction, the basement at "arenan" for example and, if I am not wrong, I think the same is true for the large scene at "arenan" as well, or at least when specific bands play.

First I thought it might be that the sound levels could harm children in other way than just their hearing but that sounds very weird.

I dare guess though that if you actually contact debaser personally they might change their minds, especially if you are ready to pay tickets for the little ones as well, they want to earn money after all as long as noone is hurt...!

Actually I've been wondering about this for a while now, I know other places also have that restriction, the basement at "arenan" for example and, if I am not wrong, I think the same is true for the large scene at "arenan" as well, or at least when specific bands play.

First I thought it might be that the sound levels could harm children in other way than just their hearing but that sounds very weird.

I dare guess though that if you actually contact debaser personally they might change their minds, especially if you are ready to pay tickets for the little ones as well, they want to earn money after all as long as noone is hurt...!

I did contact them and they said there's nothing they can do. They said they're just following the rules and can't do anything about it... Which is odd, since the kids have been welcome to many other places. :shrug:

I did contact them and they said there's nothing they can do. They said they're just following the rules and can't do anything about it... Which is odd, since the kids have been welcome to many other places. :shrug:
That is of course bullshit because even though they SAY that, in reality kids under 13 can be allowed in at any concert as long as they have their parents/legal guardians with them and wears protection (ear muffs). Just look at all the festivals like Hultsfred and Sweden Rock, they have to obey the same laws regarding volume restrictions but there parents ARE allowed to bring their kids. I see young children at concerts all the time with their parents. It's NOT what the law says, it's simply how Debaser prefer to handle it to avoid discussions. Or perhaps they'll tell Mikael and Anna that they can't bring Melinda along either then?

I think you should contact media about it, maybe Patrik Wirén at Metro? He's got a small girl himself that likes music and it will most likely piss him off too.

I just bought a ticket! I don't know anyone else going so it would be cool to have a few beers with some of you.
I'm still a newbie here and I don't know if you do meet-ups like we do at the QOTSA forum.