opeth from stockholm, sweden in köln, germany...

Gunhaver said:
i called mendez "bass player" in one of the many great sigs i made instead of mendez and it stuck. incredible story, i'm aware
OMG!
opeth09.jpg

^^^^ :lol: OK. Now I see the humor. I'm sure MM loved that sig :p . Don't see why it was such a big secret though. Or how anyone that hasn't been here forever and seen Gunhaver's sig would get the joke.

EDIT: ha. I see this was a running joke for quite some time. Lots of sigs with 'bass player' :lol:

From the second I saw they booked the Underground I thought WTF... I mean it's not like Cologne is lacking decent venues for rock/metal concerts! Bürgerhaus Stollwerck, for one, has been absolutely perfect for Anathema, Porcupine Tree and especially Isis. Oh well...

Saw them in Essen, Germany, yesterday. It was the same setlist, although Mikael tried to play Black Rose Immortal, but Peter didn't even remember the first riff ;)

Very smooth gig, their overall performance has improved a lot, esp. Mikael's clean voice and the guitar solos.

Thanks guys, liked it.

Ellestin said:
From the second I saw they booked the Underground I thought WTF... I mean it's not like Cologne is lacking decent venues for rock/metal concerts! Bürgerhaus Stollwerck, for one, has been absolutely perfect for Anathema, Porcupine Tree and especially Isis. Oh well...

Absolutely. But it's still cool to see them in such a small and cozy venue. Next time they'll surely play in the LMH or the E-Werk. Stollwerck would be awsome though.

The high ceiling in Essen,the fog and light effects made the event even more impressive. Unfortunately i missed Porcupine Tree @ Stollwerck but i saw them in Bochum a few days later. :tickled:

mot- said:
Saw them in Essen, Germany, yesterday. It was the same setlist, although Mikael tried to play Black Rose Immortal, but Peter didn't even remember the first riff ;)

Very smooth gig, their overall performance has improved a lot, esp. Mikael's clean voice and the guitar solos.

Thanks guys, liked it.

yea, i have been there too. i met fuscuous and some ppl i knew from another board. it was a very good gig.
OTHER BANDS PLAY; OPETH KILLS!

edit: and mikael fucked up the lyrics in TGC! after the second clean singing/whispering he started with
'the eyes of the devil'
then you could see an :erk: on his face and then he continued with 'assembling the flock'

:)

mot- said:

Thanks guys, liked it.

Yeah, was a great gig yesterday - The baying of the hounds is a damn good opener...too bad Ghost of perdition isn't on the setlist, maybe in December :headbang: .

Mikael seemed to be in a good mood... ;)
Quote: "If you don't sing with us our next album will sound like Scooter" - scary thought but it worked pretty well, most people knew the lyrics of In my time of need...HYPER :D

And right, was pretty funny when Mikael tried to play Black rose immortal but couldn't even remember how to play the first riff...(quote: "I remember playing it once in a small pub in England...in front of like 5 people and nobody fu**in cared" :tickled: )

BTW What about those "Metalheads" that are just standing around during the gig complaining like "Heeey man, get your fu**in hair out of my face..." - shut the f**k up and stay home :p