Suppose I were Dave Mustaine...

Nitronium Blood

UM BOARDS' JESTER
Dec 28, 2001
Marchin' up and down the scqaiya.
Visit site
...and I had planned all my past recordings in such a way that I could re-amp them at any stage in the future and was now planning on hiring someone to do a darn good re-amping and overall producing job on an upcomming back catalogue re-release. :cool:

Now let's say I wanted to hire someone like Andy, with a reputation for making his records sound unbelievable, to fly to the studio and give some sort of demonstration of what he can do, before one officially hires him [assuming of course he was free and wanted the gig] what sort of costing would one expect to be negiotated?

I would expect paying for Andy's air-travel and lodging expenses, but how would I pay him for his 'time' to look at the project, while getting a feel for whether Andy is the right man for the job before officially getting him on the bill?

:Spin:

Nitronium Blood said:
I would expect paying for Andy's air-travel and lodging expenses, but how would I pay him for his 'time' to look at the project, while getting a feel for whether Andy is the right man for the job before officially getting him on the bill?

You'd probably negotiate that with Andy I'd imagine?
Who knows, if he was completely free, not working on any projects and you were paying airfare/food/lodging maybe he wouldn't charge anything or just a small fee for a little spending money.