Survey Time!

Tristanosaurs

New Metal Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hello! My name is Tristan Leighton and I am an undergraduate student at Eastern Michigan University. I am currently conducting research into Heavy metal, Alienation, and Neoliberalism. My specific focus is if there is a link between alienation brought about by neoliberal policy and participation in the heavy metal scene.

I am currently looking for participants who would be willing to complete a short survey related to this research. It consists of only 9 questions and should take no more than 15-20 minutes. The questions focus on the nature of your participation at heavy metal concerts and your emotional state during and after a heavy metal concert. The only requirements to participate are that you have attended heavy metal concerts and that you are between the age of 18 and 64. All information provided from the survey will be kept anonymous; any information that may be potentially identifying will be removed from the data and not used in any papers that are produced.

If you have any questions regarding the study please email me at tleighto@emich.edu or my faculty supervisor Xianghong Feng at xfeng@emich.edu. You may also reply to this thread with any comments or questions you may have. I am more than happy to provide more information about the project or myself for those who are interested. 

I will also be willing to provide participants with the results as well as any published papers, once the project is completed. Just email me or PM me here and I will respond as soon as I am able. 

Edit: The Survey's average completion time seems to be only 5 minutes, not the 15-20 I thought it would be.

Survey: https://tristan55.typeform.com/to/nURUbk

Last edited:
Alright I filled it out. I hope you like my questions as I think this might be an interesting topic. Concerts and festivals make up some of my fondest memories and contain some of the highest highs I've ever felt as well as resulted in some of the lowest lows.

Thanks for filling out the survey, so far I have been getting good data from everyone who has responded.