Rodrigo

Heat in 7
Apr 17, 2001
Southern California
SUSPERIA - VINDICATION
Nuclear Blast - 2002

NB_0585.jpg

By Rodrigo Escandon

The members of Susperia played in such bands as Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon. Their debut album Predominance definitely showed the black metal influences that the band had while also adding some other musical elements like thrash music. They were actually doing something different compared to other similar bands and I thought that this band had a lot of promise. With the release of Vindication, I expected the similar musical direction explored in the debut while also continuing to explore and add some new twists to the music but I was in store for a big surprise.

Vindication is an album that sounds like something like a band such as Pantera would release and that in itself is the huge problem I have with this album, I don’t like Pantera and I don’t like Vindication. There is no other way around it, sometimes you get albums that you just totally dislike and nothing that the band does in Vindication interests me at all.

I will not criticize the direction that the band has decided to go but in my personal opinion I thought that they could do so much more with what they were trying to accomplish with Predominance. But this is what they have decided to do and if sounding like Pantera in just about everything including the singing, then Susperia has succeeded.

Nuclear Blast Website
Susperia Official Website

its sad . i'm thinking twice before buying it.