Suspyre's Kickstarter - help us independently release the new album!

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone,

Please check out our Kickstarter that we just launched to help fund our new album, currently titled "The Cycle."

Here's the logic behind this: the industry is changing so much, so we have no idea how many physical copies to print. If we get 100s of digital download pledges, but only a handful of physical copies, we'll have a better idea of how to advertise and market the album.

Also, if you're going to buy a digital copy anyway, why not go through the band directly so the band actually sees the money? We make music for the love of music, but nothing is free.

As for the rewards, we may add more. The next thing on the list is to finalize a new t-shirt design that we can present, but if anyone has an idea of some Suspyre merch, let us know!

I like the idea of going this way to get the $$ directly. Eliminate the middle man where you can, right?

as for merch idea's, I need a new mousepad. The Suspyre logo would look great on one, I think. Or a coffee mug. Or my garage door I have to paint.

I plan on getting the physical copy. Digital downloads are real convenient but I like having the actual think. The DVD sounds cool, too. If I can swing a larger amount I will.

So the band's no longer contracted to Sensory? Too bad cause the packaging of When Time Fades was absolutely stunning. I definitely prefer hard copies, by the way.

So the band's no longer contracted to Sensory? Too bad cause the packaging of When Time Fades was absolutely stunning. I definitely prefer hard copies, by the way.

It was a one-album deal, but Sensory had little to do with the packaging; we hired the artist (Gustavo Sazes) ourselves. Glad you liked the liner notes, as we gave him free reign to add some extra artwork.

Hard-copies will be made, but quantity is contingent on how pre-orders on KickStarter go!

Hey Gregg,

If you can't reach your goal of $6,000, does that mean there'll be no hard copies?

I'm not going to say there will be no hard copies, but there won't be a DVD or a shirt (at least for a long time). We'll probably only make a couple hundred copies, considering only 30 people want the CD (ones that pledge for shirt and back-catalog get the CD too). Things cost money - that's why I'm trying to market this KickStarter as much as possible!

I got my creditcard in way late and missed the deadline (was hoping I hadn't missed it and then honestly forgot about it). There's prolly no way I can get a 50 dollar pledge in with Kickstarter, but can I ask you directly through here, Gregg? Pleaaaaaaaase?

I got my creditcard in way late and missed the deadline (was hoping I hadn't missed it and then honestly forgot about it). There's prolly no way I can get a 50 dollar pledge in with Kickstarter, but can I ask you directly through here, Gregg? Pleaaaaaaaase?

The kickstarter is finished, however, so is the album. It's being mastered as I type and we'll update more once we have it in our hands.

Thanks and you'll have a new Suspyre album very soon.

:)