Kickstarter: New Odin's Court Album

Hahaha!! And here I read that as you were "in" for Nina's suggestion.

I mean, who wouldn't be? Lookit that face!

6804584291_b2d09e623a.jpg

Well, I went and pledged. All I can say is that band better start rehearsing "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" by Blue Oyster Cult........ :headbang: :tickled:
LOL!!! Oh wow! So that was you?!?! (I don't have access to that info and Matt has long been asleep)

Thanks so much, Steve!! It is MUCH appreciated! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

So is that your official pick? Wow! I have never heard of or heard that song. Guess that is changing now. lol!

Thanks again!

LOL!!! Oh wow! So that was you?!?! (I don't have access to that info and Matt has long been asleep)

Thanks so much, Steve!! It is MUCH appreciated! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

So is that your official pick? Wow! I have never heard of or heard that song. Guess that is changing now. lol!

Thanks again!

Damn! You've never heard "Veterans of the Psychic Wars"? :err: I just about wore my copy of that record out growing up in the 80's listening to that! Not only that, it is also on the "Heavy Metal" soundtrack.

For your eductation, I managed to find the following clip on Youtube. If this campaign succeeds, you better learn it well. :Smokedev:. That is indeed my official pick. BTW, Arjen Lucassen has a totally kick-ass cover of this same song on his Lost in the New Real album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! You've never heard "Veterans of the Psychic Wars"? :err: I just about wore my copy of that record out growing up in the 80's listening to that! Not only that, it is also on the "Heavy Metal" soundtrack.

For your eductation, I managed to find the following clip on Youtube. If this campaign succeeds, you better learn it well. :Smokedev:. That is indeed my official pick. BTW, Arjen Lucassen has a totally kick-ass cover of this same song on his Lost in the New Real album.

LOL! No, I seriously haven't! I did find the video the other night, but thanks for the link. That is pretty wild that you listened to it so much growing up and I never heard it!

Thanks. Not IF, it is WHEN! We are getting very close to meeting our initial goal, but it really would be nice to go well beyond that goal so we can really re-launch this band in style! So yes, I will be learning it and learning it well. :)

Cool! I will have to check out his version too!

Thanks again for all of your support over the years and of course, on our KickStarter campaign!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Steve, I think it's a good choice in terms of style, structure, and dynamics for our lineup. While I had heard the song (I have their anthology), it has been years. So when you emailed me about it the other day, I checked it out. I rather like it. Cool song!

No problem. You guys have always been great to hang out and what not and nice to see and get a chance to have a very direct way to support a band that actually CARES about the music as an art form.

I am really looking forward to seeing you guys perform in Richmond on January 4th (Please, for the love of God and all things Metal, we better not have a friggan snow storm that weekend!)

@Steve, I think it's a good choice in terms of style, structure, and dynamics for our lineup. While I had heard the song (I have their anthology), it has been years. So when you emailed me about it the other day, I checked it out. I rather like it. Cool song!

That is one of the main reasons why I picked it as I figured that song would be an awesome fit for the band of your style to attempt. I've loved that song when I was a kid (and still do) and would love to hear your guys take on it. Other prog/power metal bands/artists have done covers, with the most recent being Arjen Lucassen doing one on his Lost in the New Real album, which in my opinion is just insane! You should give it a listen yourself.

No problem. You guys have always been great to hang out and what not and nice to see and get a chance to have a very direct way to support a band that actually CARES about the music as an art form.

I am really looking forward to seeing you guys perform in Richmond on January 4th (Please, for the love of God and all things Metal, we better not have a friggan snow storm that weekend!)
Likewise, Steve! And thanks for recognizing that.

Awesome! I am looking forward to that show too! Yes, it better not snow! It is damn cold out right now though. A snowstorm would turn a three hour drive to Richmond into something I don't even want to fathom.

I am absolutely stoked that you reached the initial goal and then some. Happy to be a part of it and thanks for the just announced added perk! Can't wait!

I am absolutely stoked that you reached the initial goal and then some. Happy to be a part of it and thanks for the just announced added perk! Can't wait!
THANK YOU! We couldn't have done it without you. :) Sure thing on the additional perk...I plan on doing that again if we hit our next goal.

Now hopefully we can hit that next stretch goal and get the full art package by JP Fournier...

:Smokedev:

You are too kind, sir. :eek: And your support is MOST appreciated!

:kickass: