Odin's Court & Enchant Hit the Road!

A surprise? Empire was synonymous with surprises. And I don't mean that in a good way. The only thing truly surprising there was when there were no surprises.

Sadly, it was also the only place in NOVA that catered to the metal crowd. Hope someone will gut up and step in to fill that void. Maybe even do it better...?

With The Filmore and Rams Head pretty much filling those roles, I'm seriously doubting that there will be a replacement anytime soon.

Wow, what a great time! I feel honored and privileged to have been able to play "rock star" for a week with my brothers Rick Pierpont, Gary Raub, Dimetrius LaFavors, and Jason Pierpont in Odin's Court, as well as Douglas A. Ott, Ted Leonard, Ed Platt, Sean E Flanegan, and Bill Jenkins in Enchant!

Everyone was incredibly professional and goal oriented in both bands, overcoming many last minute challenges (e.g., social climate in Baltimore, venue change in VA, and plane crash in Atlanta) and focusing on delivering the best show possible to the fans and our friends who came out to see us!

There are so many other people that made this possible...too many to name, but special thanks to Milton, Brian Smith, Kathy, and Hoyt Parris!

This also gave me tremendous respect to the bands and artists out there we all love who do this day in and day out...it is quite tiring and a lot of work to pull off a tour, and being away from your home and family must be hard for weeks at a time (I know it was hard for just the week we were out). So to all the artists who make the music I love and bring it to people live, YOU ROCK!

Finally and most importantly, thank you to all my friends and Odin's Court's fans who came out to see us! Without you, we could never do what we do at the level we do it. Your enthusiasm and appreciation for our music is what keeps us going. You purchase our music and patronize our live shows, supporting our musical habit. I am not able to express the full gratitude I feel with words, but it is quite overwhelming and deep!

It was a blast...until next time...

Prog on!
Matt

Enchant & OC Web.jpg

That picture is all kinds of cool and pretty much sums up everything you wrote. It's obvious both bands are pros who are completely into what they are doing but not so much they can't introduce some levity into the mix.

After spending more time with the new album this week I have new appreciation for it. In fact, it's possibly my favorite of 2015 so far. There was a lot to absorb initially, and I may not have given it the proper time. Now everything completely clicks for me and it's insanely good. I'm still not smart enough to figure out the concept or title significance, but it doesn't matter. I've got these songs in my head now, especially Answers and Question. I really do need to sit down with the lyrics at some point. Overall, just a stellar mix of melody, complexity and class. Can't ask for more than that.

Friday night in Marietta was a blast. All four bands were very enjoyable. Enchant is always very entertaining. It was great to finally see Not Otherwise Specified. For those who are prog oriented, you should check them out. A big surprise for me was Coda. They are a really technical and talented trio. I was impressed enough that on Saturday I ordered their CD and t-shirt off their website.

Last, but not least, was my friends from Odin’s Court. I echo others on this thread who are enjoying their new album Turtles All the Way Down. The songs off of Turtles really came off well live. Progressive but with lots of melody and crunch, Turtles was meant to be played live. Matt, Rick, Dimetrius, Gary, and Jason did the Prog Power family proud. Prog On Gents!

That picture is all kinds of cool and pretty much sums up everything you wrote. It's obvious both bands are pros who are completely into what they are doing but not so much they can't introduce some levity into the mix.

After spending more time with the new album this week I have new appreciation for it. In fact, it's possibly my favorite of 2015 so far. There was a lot to absorb initially, and I may not have given it the proper time. Now everything completely clicks for me and it's insanely good. I'm still not smart enough to figure out the concept or title significance, but it doesn't matter. I've got these songs in my head now, especially Answers and Question. I really do need to sit down with the lyrics at some point. Overall, just a stellar mix of melody, complexity and class. Can't ask for more than that.
Thanks for your flattering assessment. We are truly appreciative of your enthusiasm and compliments! :) And I'm glad it "caught on" with you...I always like following along with the lyrics myself. That may help you understand some of what is going on conceptually.

Friday night in Marietta was a blast. All four bands were very enjoyable. Enchant is always very entertaining. It was great to finally see Not Otherwise Specified. For those who are prog oriented, you should check them out. A big surprise for me was Coda. They are a really technical and talented trio. I was impressed enough that on Saturday I ordered their CD and t-shirt off their website.

Last, but not least, was my friends from Odin’s Court. I echo others on this thread who are enjoying their new album Turtles All the Way Down. The songs off of Turtles really came off well live. Progressive but with lots of melody and crunch, Turtles was meant to be played live. Matt, Rick, Dimetrius, Gary, and Jason did the Prog Power family proud. Prog On Gents!
I agree that Not Otherwise Specified and CODA were great! And Enchant blows me away every time I see them. Such talent!

As for your compliments about us, we are truly humbled by your continued praise and support! I'm not sure what we did to deserve it, but THANK YOU!