New ODIN'S COURT Music Video (with New Lineup)

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com

Hello fellow music lovers and ProgPower friends! Please check out our newest music video / song. We hope you enjoy it. :)

I know Rick Pierpont has been dying for everyone to see it! ;)

Thanks for watching,
Matt & Odin's Court

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say that was really cool. Not only is the song great, the video is awesome, like a prog metal Men's Warehouse commercial. I have attempted the previous album(s) and it did not stick. This sounds very strong. I'll have to check out some other samples, but this looks like a winner.

Hey, where's the young guy who played keyboards? He was pretty good.

Picture178.jpg

Oh man, it looks like my wife is reaching for his junk......

I gotta say that was really cool. Not only is the song great, the video is awesome, like a prog metal Men's Warehouse commercial. I have attempted the previous album(s) and it did not stick. This sounds very strong. I'll have to check out some other samples, but this looks like a winner.
Much thanks! There is a "trailer" on our YouTube channel that has short clips from all the songs. The new album is the one new song plus old ones redone with better production and the new singer dueling with me.

We are working on the next full length album. Recording and art in progress...

He actually left us in 2009. I have been doing triple duty (keys, guitar, and vocals) live since then.

LoL on the junk comment!

We are hoping to come back down your way in 2014. I'll let you know if/once things come through. \m/

Wow! Thanks for the feedback! LOL! at the Men's Wearhouse comment. Hmm... maybe they need us for a commercial and we can quit our day jobs? :)

Well, thanks for giving us another chance! I am very happy that you have enjoyed it so much. :headbang::headbang:

Hey there stranger!! Yeah, as Matt said, he left in 2009. He is really amazing and he had to leave in order to support himself with music full time. Matt has done a great job of filling in for him though.

We lost the bassist and drummer from that show in 2011, so Matt and I are the only ones left from that show. However, we have very capable replacements in the band and have added a lead singer to the mix. I really think we have a strong lineup now! Based on the initial feedback, my thoughts are not unfounded either.

LOL!! It does look like that!! LOL!!!

Man, that was such a FUN show!! I LOVE playing in Atlanta and can't wait to return.

Wow! Thanks for the feedback! LOL! at the Men's Wearhouse comment. Hmm... maybe they need us for a commercial and we can quit our day jobs? :)

Well, thanks for giving us another chance! I am very happy that you have enjoyed it so much. :headbang::headbang:

"You'll like the way we sound. I guarantee it."

Seriously though, I just went back and youtubed a few of your previous tunes and loudly facepalmed myself. I had listened to Deathanity a while back and it must have been in my dark period where I basically hated everything. I only recently got back to musical normality (whatever that is). I am really liking what I'm hearing with the material on that album plus Human Life. I may just have to place an order with Shawn soon. Consider me impressed. Is the new one re-recorded with the new vocalist or just parts edited in? In either case I think you've sold me. I apologize for not appreciating your music before now.

Seriously though, I just went back and youtubed a few of your previous tunes and loudly facepalmed myself. I had listened to Deathanity a while back and it must have been in my dark period where I basically hated everything. I only recently got back to musical normality (whatever that is). I am really liking what I'm hearing with the material on that album plus Human Life. I may just have to place an order with Shawn soon. Consider me impressed. Is the new one re-recorded with the new vocalist or just parts edited in? In either case I think you've sold me. I apologize for not appreciating your music before now.
LOL!!

No worries, dude. Deathanity is very busy album that can be a lot to take in. Human Life is considerably less crazy, but I really love the songs off of it too.

As far as the new "EP": it is the new song (Warmth) plus remixes of one song from Human Life, a bunch from Deathanity, and even a few from out debut album, Driven By Fate. Many of the original tracks were used, but certain tracks were re-recorded using better equipment and better recording techniques to further improve the sound quality. The rhythm guitars are more prominent and heavier, the drums sound bigger, and yes, Dimetrius sang on most of the tracks with the new arrangements worked out to include him on the older stuff. The two instrumental tracks are symphonic versions of older tracks. The two tracks from Deathanity that featured guest vocals from Tom Englund of Evergrey and Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica mostly received the freshened instrument tracks so that these amazing performances would be matched with the audio quality.

I'm just happy that you finally came to your senses. LOL!!! Thanks for the support - it is much appreciated! I hope you enjoy your purchases. Just so you know, it is also available on iTunes and Amazon for digital downloads.
:headbang:

I love this band. Their last release made my best-of-the-year list, and this sounds even better! Congratulations to Rick, Valhalla, and the entire band. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the finished product.

LoL. We do look share don't we? :)

I think it is cool that you gave the music a second chance and are finding some enjoyment in it now.

The new album is one new song (basically a "single" from the next, upcoming full length album) plus 11 "old" songs. For the most part, the "old" songs have the "dueling" vocals with me and Dimetrius plus redone keyboards, bass, and guitar with the drums remixed. Also, this was mastered by the same person who mastered Human Life in Motion (whereas our earlier albums were not).

I love this band. Their last release made my best-of-the-year list, and this sounds even better! Congratulations to Rick, Valhalla, and the entire band. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the finished product.
Wow! Thanks, Lane! I actually remember that post and was very flattered to be among so many great albums. Just judging by your sponsorship list (thanks BTW) as well as that top album list last year, we definitely share a similar taste in music! I'm glad that you like our latest even better! So again, thanks for all the kind words and support!

We are still working on shows, but I want to let you know that we are playing not too far away from you in Richmond, VA on Jan. 4.

We are also playing this Saturday in California, MD, but that is another 2+ hours past Richmond. It should be a fun show since it is our CD release and we are picking up a bunch of covers to fill out the night.

Finally got a chance to check this out. Damn, that was pretty sweet! You guys sure have come a long ways since the Driven by Fate days. I think I've met the singer at your pool party, but looking forward to seeing the rest of the lineup at a show.

We are still working on shows, but I want to let you know that we are playing not too far away from you in Richmond, VA on Jan. 4.

We are also playing this Saturday in California, MD, but that is another 2+ hours past Richmond. It should be a fun show since it is our CD release and we are picking up a bunch of covers to fill out the night.

Did not realize you were playing in southern Maryland just this past Saturday. Oh well, would not have been able to make it as I was up at Massanutten for ski patrol re-certification to get ready for the upcoming ski season. I'll have to try to make the January 4 show in Richmond if I am not on ski patrol duty that weekend and it is not snowing to beat hell. Been a long ass time since I last saw you guys perform. Still majorly bummed about missing that one show due to getting sick that night.

Finally got a chance to check this out. Damn, that was pretty sweet! You guys sure have come a long ways since the Driven by Fate days. I think I've met the singer at your pool party, but looking forward to seeing the rest of the lineup at a show.

Awesome, Steve! Glad you got to see it! And really happy that you like it! Thanks! Can't say that I disagree. lol! Dimetrius has added so much to our sound and we have been getting a great response so far. Yes, he was there the past two years. I met him in a cover band we played together for six months last year. lol! We were playing some crazy stuff too. Cool, soon enough. Dec. 13 if you come to Baltimore. We are playing one of Bobbie's shows at The Sidebar.

Did not realize you were playing in southern Maryland just this past Saturday. Oh well, would not have been able to make it as I was up at Massanutten for ski patrol re-certification to get ready for the upcoming ski season. I'll have to try to make the January 4 show in Richmond if I am not on ski patrol duty that weekend and it is not snowing to beat hell. Been a long ass time since I last saw you guys perform. Still majorly bummed about missing that one show due to getting sick that night.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. We played over an hour's worth of our material (all we have worked in with the new lineup) and a little more than hours worth of covers from Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Boston, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc... I think you be surprised to hear us play that stuff now. :)

Like I said Dec. 13 in Baltimore. Then of course, Jan. 4 in Richmond - I'm hope it will work out since we will be so close to where you live!

Holy fuck that may be the best I've ever heard you! Can only imagine what it would sound like if Savino was still in :)

Flag of the White Rose (my band) is looking VERY forward to playing the Sidebar with you in Dec!

Holy fuck that may be the best I've ever heard you! Can only imagine what it would sound like if Savino was still in :)

Flag of the White Rose (my band) is looking VERY forward to playing the Sidebar with you in Dec!
Wow, thanks Nick!!! It is quite a difference, isn't it? LOL!! Funny you should mention him, he was just texting me earlier about an upcoming show he is playing in Baltimore. I thought I was going to go and take my sons, but I just realized a few minutes ago that we have band practice that day (don't usually have them on weekends when I have my boys).

I hear you, but honestly, Matt has done a great job of adding the keys to his list of duties. We really didn't push Savino that hard, so it has been within Matt's abilities for many parts. I'm not sure if you have ever seen him playing jazz or classical, but I went to quite a few of his recitals at Towson U when he was still going. OMG!!!! i don't think there is anything he can't play! lol!!

Ahhh... so you guys are the TBA. lol!! Cool, I will finally get to see you play too! I'm very much looking forward to playing for my "home" crowd. We should be bringing a very healthy crowd too. :)