Sverige.

Disgustipated

Cynical.
Sep 22, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, so I'm off to Sweden in four days. First leg of a backpacking trip around Europe.

NB.: this thread is intended for nothing but to brag.

Ok but seriously, I'll be in Sweden for maybe 2 months or so. Anyone wanna give me a job? Recommend some good bars and shite like that. Oh and a record store. Where are the metal record stores? Oh and what's good beer? Oh and where can I buy good meatballs?

EDIT: Free accommodation wouldn't go amiss ;)

But wich city... Göteborg, Stockholm, Malmö... anyway in stockholm a good store is "Sound Polution" in Gamla Stan (The Old Town) close to the center of Stockholm, about job... I don't Know, just ask in restaurants, and Bars... anywhere!!!! full of girls man... there are some cool Rock & Metal bars in the center of the city, and remember that next month there are a few gigs on Stockholm. In Flames/Sepultura... Fear Factory, Dark Funeral/Naglfar...

I'll be in Östersund for the majority of the time. But I'll be travelling around while I'm there. Anyway I meant mainly for Stockholm yes, for the time I spend there. (2 weeks or so)

hahahaha...

"stick din väg" = Fuck off... (For to say something a little bit more politely)

"kuksugare" = Cock sucker

"jävla fitta" = Fucking cunt

Agressive words hahahaha

Just 2 weeks on stockholm... Well is a nice city... There are a few cool rock bars... and the places that you have to know are very easy to find... The House of the Kings, Gamla Stan, The Culture House... Stockholm is a nice city, nice girls, music everywhere.

porcupine_wolfff said:
Do you also learn grammer and words like "kuksugare" from the dictionary?
Just curious 'cause I also want to learn the language.

The verbs appear in the dictionary...I guessed there are a few basic groups of verbs (to which all the conjugations are the same) like in almost every other European langauge so I learned the conjugations and apply them with every verb the same way. You can just google swedish verbs or something and you'll find how to conjugate. As for correct grammar for starters I watch how swedes form their sentences,once I have a large enough vocabulary
I'll go to random swedish sites and start reading some articles.

Vulgar slang...there are some dictionaries that include them too...
If you look in an English dictionary for the word "dick" you'll find :
1. Short name for Richard
2. Detective (Slang)
3. Penis(Slang) or (Vulgar)

the same for swedish...but then again you can ask someone who speaks swedish and write it down.
The best way for me to learn a new language is to asociate new words with similar words in languages I know.