Will be in Cleveland, OH Tomorrow (7/02)

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
Hey, Im out in Genoa, Ohio for a funeral which was held today. On the drive back home to CT, we'll be stopping in Cleveland for the day to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and to catch the Indians vs. Yankees at the Jake. My question- is there any good Metal shops or good music stores I should know about in the area where I could feed my addiction to the heavy metal genre, or the art of percussion in any way? I need either a sick record store, or a sick music shop with an elaborate drum department.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

**Oh yea, what are the best places to grab a bite to eat in Cleveland?**

There's a good metal/punk cd store in Eastlake (about 10 miles east of Cleveland) with a large used section. It's called Ultrasound Music, and it's just off the intersection of Rt. 2 and Vine Rd. That's about all I know of.

As for places to eat, there's a Hard Rock Cafe downtown, and there's Cooperstown... other than that, I totally don't know anything about downtown at all, since I've only been up there a few times in the three years I've lived in the Cleveland area. If you want a good place to eat in Parma or the east suburbs, I can tell you a few.

One problem though... "tomorrow" is 7/03, according to the time/date of your post. Have you already been through here?

I'll be in town 7/03. Sorry, its been a long 3 days. Death in the family, so we drove 12 hours from CT > Ohio to attend thefuneral, my heads not 100% there, considering the circumstances which Im in. Apologies for the miscue on details. Im not sure I want to really drift far out of Downtown Cleveland, as we don't know the area ... at all. If anyone can point me in the right direction as to any place closer to downtown, it'll be really helpful.

A good music store (instrumentally) is helpful too, I've been away from a drumset for almost a week now, and I'm really having a tough time with the absence. I've resorted to trying to tap off different PEOPLE for pitches to groove off of.

Sorry about your loss. :(
As far as grub there - besides what Boob said above - the Great Lakes Brewing co (only about 5 minutes from downtown over the bridge) has a MEAN pretzel chicken....
There is also a wicked wing place right near the amphitheater in the flats...