Swallow the Sun - Hope!

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
What do people out there think of the new Swallow the Sun album?

I just got this great album and man it really is good. I am so glad that a band like this is breaking through from my homeland of Finland. I think fans of Katatonia, Amorphis and Opeth are really gonna like them and hopefully they will break through across the map on this album.

I really like the bonus track "these lowlands" which Finnish metal fans will know is a cover of another legendary metal band from Finland, Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus. The songs is a nice cover plus is nice to hear Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis do some vocals on the track.

GREAT album! I recomend people check it out! :headbang:

Heard soo many good things about this band. I orderd their debut from the the end records recently hope its good!

Im glad there are some out there who share my love for this band. One element I really like is that I hear some influence from fellow country men Amorphis, especially from the Tales from the 1000 Lakes era. But thats nothing unexpected since the band probably grew up listen to that great band.

Im also pretty sure this band will continue to develop more and more through the years. Kind of like Opeth did also. I remember when I heard Morningrise for the first time, I wasnt blown away but I became a fan. Then they proceeded to evolve into one super great band.

I really hope Swallow the Sun has a long future!