Swallow the Sun

Dauden

Jun 26, 2006
Anyone like this doom/death band? Absolutely magnificent, I've been meaning to check them out for a while, finally did, and I love it. I have all three of their albums, and they're great, the new one "Hope", is wonderful. They aren't the most original band, but they play with a lot of passion, and the death vocals are so low and delicious. Any fans, favourite songs? "The Justice of Suffering" is probably my favourite song so far.

http://www.swallowthesun.net/2007/

I love Swallow The Sun, seen them live twice. I like the first album the most, favourite songs being Swallow and Silence of the Womb. Also the Candlemass cover with Albert from Reverend Bizarre singing is really beautiful.

"Hope" is a pretty damn versatile album. I played it back to back some four times in a row. At the store, mind you. 8) Haven't sold one yet though... Maybe I should play it more when the store is actually open. Haha!
Seriously though, I'll be trying to see them in a couple of weeks when they play a gig with Moonsorrow.

Another fave recent album is Funeral "From these Wounds", by the way. Absolutely amazing doom with which they do their reputation justice. The title track blows me away time after time.

Check out this news...

New Album Updates

Swallow the Sun's third album 'Hope' will be released at 7.2.2007. The track list is as follows:

1. Hope
2. These Hours of Despair
3. The Justice of Suffering
4. Don't Fall Asleep
5. Too Cold For Tears
6. The Empty Skies
7. No Light, No Hope
8. Doomed to Walk the Earth

The album will feature vocal appearance by Jonas Renkse of Katatonia on The Justice of Suffering. A single of Don't Fall Asleep will be released prior to the album release, and it will include a cover of Timo Rautiainen and Trio Niskalaukaus song 'Alavilla mailla', with Amorphis singer Tomi Joutsen on vocals.

More information can be obtained from the address www.070207.com

:kickass:

^ Excellent album that, might actually be better than The Morning Never Came IMO