Swedes Destroy Lansing, Michigan--Disfear/Misery Index Review

MyHatred

Chief Ten Beers
Jun 25, 2004
In the Pabst Brewery
This is a show that I had been looking forward to seeing for some time. I am sure some of you have heard of a little known band called At The Gates(well, mostly scenesters & not trOO metal heads like me:lol: ) but have you kept track of all the bands that Tomas Lindgerg has been in since they broke up? It is a long list of bands including The Crown, The Great Deciever, Lock Up, and Nightrage(I think that is most of them:lol: ). Well this is yet another band that he and guitarist, Uffe(Entombed) have formed. They are very reminiscent of Discharge. There are a lot of Discharge rip off bands out there but if you are into that style of music then this is the band to check out.
BIG_poster_lancing.jpg

I won't bore you with all the opening bands but if you do decide to check out any bands on the poster. Then check out Baerforce on myspace. They are good friends with my buddy who is serving in Iraq right now and not a half bad band either. Misery Index was fucking awesome! Their drummer Jarvis is very reminiscent of Brann Dailor of Mastodon. By that, I mean he can fucking destroy a drumset without even breaking a sweat. They are a great underrated deathmetal band who hopefully can catch a break. Great band all around:kickass: I would comment on Phobia's co-headlining set but it was plauged by sound problem the whole entire time so I don't want to talk shit because I am pretty sure it wasn't their fault and it happens to every band from time to time.
MI1.jpg

MI2.jpg

I had to take a pic of the guy moshing by himself. It was way to funny to watch him.

Next up is Disfear:kickass: Seeing that my girlfriend of four years and I broke up the day before, I was ready to let loose and go crazy. Disfear hit the stage and all hell broke loose. Launching into "Thousand Reasons" the place exploded. People were diving all over the place and the moshpit for being such a tiny place was insane. I pretty much was Uffe's mic tech and would set it back up for him because it kept gettin knocked over by the divers. He thanked me and bought me a beer after the show
Drinking_trink39.gif
I wish I had more pics of Tomas but the dude is so crazy on stage that it is hard to get a proper pic of him. Incredible stage presence!!! I was headbanging my ass off and slamming beers the whole set
Drinking_trink26.gif
. Disfear played pretty much every song off of "Misanthropic Generation" and "Everyday Slaughter" and some songs that I haven't heard before off their earlier releases that I am unable to find and a couple new ones. After the show I met Tomas and got my pic taken with him and bought some limited edition 7"s and T. If this show hits your town do whatever you have to do to catch it. I promise you will not be disappointed. Plus seeing that they travelled all the way from Sweden to play in front of such a small crowd, they could use all the help possible. So get your ass to the show and buy some merch!!!! I wanna be able to see them again!!!! This will probably be the best show that I will see this year and it made forget all about "whats her name":lol: for at least a little while
DF2.jpg

DF1.jpg

DF3.jpg

Disfear are great live! Saw them last year here in Madrid. Sure they're totally generic D-Beat but live they are absolutely brutal!!!

By the way, My Hatred, How were Strong Intention?? I'm dying to see one of their shows!

If you like Disfear, check out a band called Krigshot (www.krigshot.com there are audio files, so check 'em out) which shares members. They are like Disfear but 10 times as fast . It's a complete '82 Hardcore thrash fest!!!! :headbang: :headbang: Sure every song sounds the same, but originality isn't part of the game plan!

Crabmeat said:
Disfear are great live! Saw them last year here in Madrid. Sure they're totally generic D-Beat but live they are absolutely brutal!!!

By the way, My Hatred, How were Strong Intention?? I'm dying to see one of their shows!

You know, I really didn't like Strong Intention a whole lot. Kinda boring to watch so I just went back to the bar and had a few drinks.

Wow, that made Oade's look like a real metal spot! Just kidding, it's a cool place to play. My band thinks of it as home. It's the only place around Lansing that'll give just about any band an outlet to play.

MyHatred said:
You know, I really didn't like Strong Intention a whole lot. Kinda boring to watch so I just went back to the bar and had a few drinks.

Aww, that's a shame.

But on the other hand that's the great thing about shows!

Like the band? Great.

Don't like the band? Go get a few beers.

God, I love this metal stuff!!:headbang: :headbang:

Wow, that made Oade's look like a real metal spot! Just kidding, it's a cool place to play. My band thinks of it as home. It's the only place around Lansing that'll give just about any band an outlet to play.

Oades and Macs are about the only places that give any local bands a chance. Unfortunately, that means Negative Red also:lol: Who I am sure you know or have heard them. God, I can't stand them. I wanna punch their little midget bass player in the face. Does he not realize that he is not Marilyn Manson.

Are those the guys that wear makeup, use a drum machine and have televisions set up on stage? I love those guys! Okay, not really. You should check out my band. We're very old school metal. Guitar solos and the whole bit. www.myspace.com/underone

manmademonster said:
Are those the guys that wear makeup, use a drum machine and have televisions set up on stage? I love those guys! Okay, not really. You should check out my band. We're very old school metal. Guitar solos and the whole bit. www.myspace.com/underone

Those are the guys:ill:

I saw them open up for Prong and had to go the bar on the first floor of the Temple Club so that I could not hear them. After their set, the midget Marilyn Manson wannabe came walking by me in a cape:lol: I almost fell on the floor laughing at the retard. So did your band win the Battle of The Bands? I wasn't able to make it.

No, we lost. We didn't bring enough people. We had the opportunity to play for about 600 people though, so we had a great time. That's about 580 more than we usually play for! We are playing Oade's June 24th, which will be a great show. Come out if you can.

manmademonster said:
No, we lost. We didn't bring enough people. We had the opportunity to play for about 600 people though, so we had a great time. That's about 580 more than we usually play for! We are playing Oade's June 24th, which will be a great show. Come out if you can.

Cool.

I will try to be there.