Swedish songbirds are dropping like flies!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/Swedish Black Metallers SHINING Comment On Rumors Of Singer's Suicide - Aug. 23, 2006 Reactivated Swedish black metallers SHINING have issued the following statement regarding the widespread rumors that the group's leader, Niklas Kvarforth, has committed suicide:

"There have been many rumours saying that our front-man, founder Kvarforth is dead. We wish these speculations to be put to an end by telling you what we know: A couple of days ago, we received a letter from a person very close to Kvarforth telling us that Kvaforth had decided to leave this world behind and also introducing as a kind off last will, a new singer to replace him for future events of SHINING.

"All that we know for 200% is that Kvarforth has been missing for the past four weeks and might be dead; we don't really know. For us, the band, this comes as no surprise, as he has been suffering from extreme anxiety and depressions the past six months and some truly extreme things, considering his own personal life, occurred dramatically right before he disappeared. However, we wish to send our deepest regrets to our friend and sadistical leader Kvarforth wherever he might be!

"Kvarforth did, as mentioned, involve a new singer in the band without telling us before he left. His name is Ghoul and will be introduced on the release show we are holding in December. No one of us, the band members, have meet him yet but a contact have been established via letter exchange, and as this was Kvarforth's own will, we are now officially presenting our newest member, whoever this might be, Ghoul. It shall also be said that both me and the guys in the band have heard Kvarforth's wish that SHINING should get a new singer if he died or disappeared but we never thought that it would come to this point! But it has so we welcome Ghoul to this misery."

I've been really interested in hearing Shining for ages but never have, anybody fancy uploading a track?

What the fuck? Isn't this the third suicide announcement within a week?

Suicidal BLACK METAL from Sweden featuring Hellhammer (MAYHEM) on drums!

The originators of suicidal Black Metal propaganda, SHINING are the gun pointed at your forehead and what differs SHINING from other likewise (though ineffective) bands is the fact that they do have access to the ammunition: suicide-fixated, utterly negative monotony under the dictatorship of Kvarforth. SHINING exist merely to cause damage and destroy your well-being! Suicide, self-destruction and the abuse of the human flesh and mind. The main purpose for SHINING is to fanatically deprave the listeners with their musical and lyrical propaganda, to embrace the sub-culturistic youth with suicidal happiness! Drums are played by Hellhammer from the legendary MAYHEM and KOVENANT.

SHINING, the third, stands as a monument to all the misery around us, a needle injecting the purest narcotic into your arm! Let Self-destruction Blossom!
* Re-edition CD from Mercenary Musik. BEST, affordable price around!

* Background info:
Suicide, self-destruction and the abuse of the human flesh and mind, these three topics are the main reasons why you now hold this particular recording in your hands. The band has since its very beginning (1996) been cursed and the individuals within suffered from enormous problems because of the fact that this band still lives on. Actually this might be the explanation for 9 persons being kicked out of the band one by one in the year of 1999, still the band stands in undeserved obscurity.

It wasn't until the year 2000 Kvarforth finally managed to sum up the minds of two others in order to record the debut full-length album, "SHINING I - Within Deep Dark Chambers", and this very line-up lasted until two months after the recording of the second album, "SHINING II - Livets Ändhållplats", when Tusk decided to leave for several personal reasons though replaced by his younger brother Phil A.Cirone one month later. Wedebrand was violently kicked from the band because of his stupidity, though did Kvarforth never suffer from his absence, on the contrary as he a few months later on was replaced by the drummer of drummers, namely Hellhammer from the legendary MAYHEM. And for the first time ever Shining stands as a solid entity with a full line-up. The main purpose for Shining is to fanatically deprave the listeners with their musical and lyrical propaganda, to embrace the sub-culturistic youth with suicidal happiness!

Shining, the third, will stand as an monument to all the misery around us, a gun pointed at your forehead, a needle injecting the purest narcotic into your arm!
Let the Self-destruction Blossom!

* TRACK-LIST:
1. Mörda Dig Själv... (09:07)
2. Svart Industriell Olycka (08:05)
3. Självdestruktivitetens Emissarie (08:29)
4. Submit to Self-destruction (07:12)
5. Till Minne Av Daghen (04:22)
6. Fields of Faceless (10:21)

on the plus side, this suicide wave is creating alot of vacancies for vocalists
kvarforth%20-%20vomit.jpg

Mom: Niklas, what are you doing in there?
Niklas: Taking a bath, mum!
Mom: You've been in there for a very long time...
Niklas: Well I'm also trying to find my collapsed veins...
Mom: I've told you before to clean up the blood, don't make me angry!

M.Lehto said:
This is bullshit, just riding with the Dissection-hype.
No. These rumours started on July 30th and have been going on ever since on some Swedish forums etc, it's just that Shining hasn't released an official statement until now.

Erik said:
No. These rumours started on July 30th and have been going on ever since on some Swedish forums etc, it's just that Shining hasn't released an official statement until now.

Well, I'm still sure that there's nothing wrong with Niklas or should I say, he's not dead.

I'm betting on him being dead.

This recent week almost makes me want to start up/participate in a Metal deadpool.