Sy-X @ BB King's in NYC

I am in a band...and have been to plenty of concerts. :mad:

Well, go ahead and take that as a personal offense that i just called your band shit or something :rolleyes:

I really have to say that it is RARE that an opening band (especially local opener) add anything to a show. There are about 4 or 5 bands in seattle that are worth a shit, and a handful in this forum that i'd actually not mind seeing. Even nationals that are opening on some tours need to just die. Good tour packages are a rare, rare thing.

I agree, and I'm in a local band, so that's saying a lot. Usually I try to watch any local openers just because I know how much it sucks to play in a relatively empty room, but I enjoy very few of them. I'd much rather see a band by themselves than with an opener, especially since some opening acts are just too different than the main band to really "set the mood" for the headlining act.

Usually I try to watch any local openers just because I know how much it sucks to play in a relatively empty room
Yeah, been there a few times myself back when i did the whole "playing in a band" thing. Mostly i go to support those who's bands i like or even if they suck, i like some of the guys in the bands. Though the seattle scene is a very "kiss ass" scene... there's little honesty. so i go against that and if i don't like someone's band, i'll say so. However, again, i'll still support bands who i'm friends with.

i wouldn't date a girl with fake tits OR no tits. I am not desparate enough to not have standards.

Hmm... so what if you met a girl at a concert, hit it off at a coffee shop after the show, and totally fell for her. We're talkin' soul-mate qualities here. Then you find out a week later, after a couple dates, that she has fakies. Or even prosthetics. You would dump her?

Hmm... so what if you met a girl at a concert, hit it off at a coffee shop after the show, and totally fell for her. We're talkin' soul-mate qualities here. Then you find out a week later, after a couple dates, that she has fakies. Or even prosthetics. You would dump her?

Wonderful question. Easy answer.

If the fakes are GOOD fakes and look real, i'll go for it. If they are look like grapefruit halves duct taped to a 10 year old boy, then no dice. Call me shallow, but there's got to be SOME physical attraction (anyone who says otherwise is full of shit) and to me that is the most unattractive thing... bad fake tits.

Edit: also, it's a bullshit question. It would never take me a week or a couple dates later to get to them titties. :kickass:

I agree, and I'm in a local band, so that's saying a lot. Usually I try to watch any local openers just because I know how much it sucks to play in a relatively empty room, but I enjoy very few of them. I'd much rather see a band by themselves than with an opener, especially since some opening acts are just too different than the main band to really "set the mood" for the headlining act.
Oh my god, welcome back!!
I know what you're saying though. It does suck to play an empty room, not even necesarily if you're playing as an opener, just at any show.
But you're also right about a band being too different from the main act. What the hell is the dedal with Echoes of Eternity opening for a band like Symphony X? Chick Soprano Opera Pop Metal is a completely different world from Progressive Symphonic Shred Metal, and Sanctity, although they were alright when I saw them on Gigantour, neither of these bands have any business opening for Symphony X. There are only 2 bands who do have any business opening for Symphony X, and those bands are Circus Maximus and Adagio and I stand by that opinion to the death.

I dunno - that just sounds like more of the same to me. How would you know when Symphony X gets on stage? ;)

I remember back in the day of Arena Rock there were some killer shows with opening bands before they hit the big time. Iron Maiden with Fastway and Saxon opening up was my first show ever on the Piece of Mind tour. Holy smokes. And I saw Zebra and the Elvis Brothers open for Cheap Trick.

But, times are different. Bands are not playing arena shows much anymore, and in a quaint setting inside whatever hell hole bar/small space I would just rather Symphony X play their entire catalog all night long.

I certainly respect your opinion...:)

If you care to check us out though...here's a link to our myspace:

www.myspace.com/suspyre

1161924211551.jpg