SYL suggestions

PrinnyD00d

Everyone's Bitch
Feb 8, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if you get a lot of these types of posts, but I wanted to check out Strapping Young Lad, and I was wondering if you guys could make some suggestions as to where to start.

Many, many thanks.

I actually got into SYL with the album "No Sleep Til Bedtime". It was the only album that my local store had at the time. I actually like NSTB's version of "Oh My Fucking God" much more than the version on "City". Also "Far Beyond Metal" is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard and it's only available on this album.
It's hard to go wrong with any SYL album, and Im normally not a fan of live albums, but NSTB's energy and the addition of the studio bonus tracks really kill.

I'd say grab Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing and City at the same time, if possible. No Sleep'Till Bedtime is pretty cool, but it qualifies more for two songs, Far Beyond MetALLLLLLLLLL, and Centipede.

Then grab the self-titled new one

I presume you're also gonna pick up Devin's HevyDevy albums, such as: Biomech, Infinity(and the Christeen + 4 Demos ep), Punky Bruster's Cooked on Phonics, Fizzy, and Terria, and then DTB's Accelerated Evolution

Definately City. But not because the others aren't good, it's because City is one of the most ultra-awesomest metal albums ever made.